Thread: Port Forwarding Problems

Hi,

I've searched and searched on the net for days on end and have decided to have a shot on the forums.

I couldn't find this by doing a forum search so I apologise if it is on here somewhere. But what I did find on here didn't seem to be what I was looking for.

This is the deal:

I'm on a LAN and I am the 2nd computer. The other is obviously the host.

There is no Router, just a simple link-up cable. The Network works in terms of swapping local files back and forth etc.

When I try to open K-Lite is continuously says it's connecting but never does. I know this is a common question but it's really doing my head in. Everybody says it's something to do with port forwarding but I haven't got a clue which ports to forward to or how the hell to do that anyway. K-Lite works on the host computer. Could someone please show me a simple step by step guide please because I haven't really got a clue with all this networking business. Thanks in advance!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Does a web browser works on the second computer?

Are you using windows ICS (internet connection sharing) or somthing else?
    Last edited by zaphodiv; 11-02-2005 at 05:47 PM.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Yes, the second PC runs the IE browser - I'm writing this from the second PC as we speak.

As for ICS, yes I am using that.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hmm, I don't think portforwarding is the problem. Kazaa usually works from behind a connection sharing system.

Have a look at the previous threads in the forum about kazaa lite which describe things to try like updating your supernode cache.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    have you tried using Kanat? this is a tool which configures kazaa to run on whatever network you are running.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.