Thread: Online Music Database's

Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Just curious as to how many online music DB's there are - and if any are actualy complete.

Maybe a list of them somewhere could be useful?

This question has been sparked by both CDDB and allmusic.com not having a CD that I know exists, I resorted to freedb.org to find the details in the end , (it was "Shiva - Shiva", and i only wanted to find out how much of track 2 (Stay out) i was missing - 15secs damn it! )

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    I am not certain, but I use a program called movie collector and that accesses 5 or so databases. They also have a music collector program that will do the same thing. Go to their site and see what they use for music. You'll have to google it and find out the sites address.

3. Music   -   #3
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Thanks - I had a look at this (site is http://www.collectorz.com/music/, and the only thing they have for music that gathrers info from the net is the CD one which from what I can find in the documentation connectes to CDDB - oh well I liked the album so much it's been ordered from Amazon B) .

But I'm still interested in other online music DB's.

However - their book thingy looks interesting and will be checked out!

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Yeah, collectors has some great access to collect. It didn't take me much time at all to get my collection into that program. And, you will be able to download front and back covers.