Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re Movies With Fake Titles

lockac's Avatar Member
    Adrian,

Why do people insist on posting up movies that are not what they make them out to be? If people do not have the movie then don't just rename a different one to name of a move they know people want. So that people waste there time trying to down the movie only to find that's it not what they wanted. I have been lucky since I check them after about 35mb to make sure the quality and that the film is what they say it is. I have had a couple this week that where fakes!!!!!!!!

Can any one tell me if there is any reason for doing this? Do you get better speeds the more files people down load from you? Or do they just get a kick out of it.

Is there any other way to tell whether the title of the move is the right one?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    people change the names of files because they're @!*#ing %$~holes! you don't get faster downloads when people upload from you, and the only way to tell if is the right file name is get the users ip address and download file and if it's the wrong name then hunt the person down and beat him/her within an inch of their life, if everyone would do this people would stop changing names.
    but no, there's no way to tell.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If you go to Movieworld, Musicworld or Filesharing, hit Search, type in "Fakes" and then hit Go you'll find that there are oh, say a MILLION posts regarding the phenomonon you are referring to. Hours of very educational reading await you...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by lockac@17 April 2003 - 15:29

Is there any other way to tell whether the title of the move is the right one?
    Yes there IS.
    Again, the answer is repeated many times in older posts.

Try SEARCH and do some reSEARCH.

(count yourself lucky you didn't get the classic RTF... response. I was sorely tempted.)
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    lockac's Avatar Member
    I would just like to state here and now I 'am sorry for not using my head and looking at old post.!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Personally I don't find it that much of a problem now.

When downloading movies I either use the verified section, or I check the movie after about 10mb.

It used to be a major pain when I had to download the whole thing befor checking, but those times are long gone. It really isn't that big an issue any more.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by lockac@17 April 2003 - 22:51
    I would just like to state here and now I 'am sorry for not using my head and looking at old post.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not a problem really, your question was well written and reasonable. Not like a lot of the first posts we get here.

Incidentally, who is Adrian.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by lockac@17 April 2003 - 22:51

Don't be!!!! Some people love to rag.
    I say post whatever and if they don't like or are not interested than they should STFU!!!!

Nobody mentioned that when DL on KaZaa that mutiple files are listed by TITLE (which few know how to change) and the original hash which you don't see .
    Though if you lOOk to the far right under FILENAME (which is changed through windows, rename), the names may be different because other users have renamed the file to what it is, though the TITLE remains the same.
    Simply expand the list of a paticular file with multiple users and lOOk at both TITLE and FILENAME.

I find many even prior to DL that are fake without even using Avipreview (which is a great tool). Good example was Phone Booth XviD, which on about 20% of users had the FILENAME "But I'm A Cheerleader" (actually not a bad movie).

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    lockac's Avatar Member
    To JmiF

Adrian is me an IT support guy from England who has not long discovered Kazaa Lite and who dose not have a DVD player. Well not one connected to my TV.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    CableRat

I'm new at posting here,i have the same prob,with games-try to let user know, however most users don't have there email on!so,what's one to do?

CableRat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast