Thread: wire/less

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    In general what gives the fastest connection speeds when connected to a adsl router hard wired ethernet or wireless?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Your internet connection will be slower than wired or wireless so there will be no difference when used for internet access provided your wireless connection has a strong signal, low interference, you arn't on the same channel as your neighbours, you don't have other computers using the wireless at the same time etc.

For transfers to other computers in your house a wired connection will be faster, assuming you have 100Mb/s equipment.
    Last edited by zaphodiv; 11-04-2005 at 06:58 AM.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    cheers I just thought I'd ask because my home pc is hard wired through a 100mbps ethernet cable but when I set my work pc to go through a wireless router at work my internet speeds seemed to improve from the usb modem I had plus my laptop at home on wireless seems to be a bit quicker than my hardwired desktop maybe just times I tested though.