Thread: Help! Job Interviews

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Always get asked the same questions during a interview, yet to this day I have no clue what to say. Some of the questions are like

What can you offer this job?
    Where do you see yourself going with this job?
    What makes you want to work here?
    Ect...

The thing is, I don't know, cuase it's just another job to me. Any suggestions? To these questions or others you can think of?

Got an interview tommarow, and mabey your suggestions would help. Its for a retail job at a electronics place.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    TheCanuk made a topic like this just recently. I probably replied in a sarcastic manner as I reckon he's a bit of a tosser - but some people gave good hints and, somehow, he got the job. Perhaps it would be a good thing for you to read their answers.

I would try and write something more productive to help you, cause you're alrite like, but I'm hungover, Man Utd lost badly last night and I'm in a foul mood.

But good luck with the job interview
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    TheCanuk made a topic like this just recently. I probably replied in a sarcastic manner as I reckon he's a bit of a tosser - but some people gave good hints and, somehow, he got the job. Perhaps it would be a good thing for you to read their answers.

I would try and write something more productive to help you, cause you're alrite like, but I'm hungover, Man Utd lost badly last night and I'm in a foul mood.

But good luck with the job interview
    Hangovers suck, main reason i stoped drinking.

Hehe.. but thanks for the help now to find that topic

4. Lounge   -   #4

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Wow, I really was particularly sarky in that thread.

Must've been a good day
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Wow, I really was particularly sarky in that thread.

Must've been a good day

I noticed, had a good laugh over it.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    What can you offer this job?
    An extensive knowledge of electronics, along with the capacity to easily learn more. Plus great social skills, and the ability to deal even with the most difficult of customers.

Where do you see yourself going with this job?
    I'm in it for the long term, and do have hopes of advancing as positions open and according to skills I learn in the future.

What makes you want to work here?
    Chose which one applies:
    a)BIG CHAIN STORE: You're the best, and I would prefer to work for the best
    b)SMALL LOCAL STORE: This is a smaller, more intimate business, and I feel that it is the best environment to flourish, as it is more personal than those big chain stores

There you go. I've gotten plenty of jobs by saying all the crap they want to hear. My problem has been keeping them, but that's a whole different story.