Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions about this monitor please.

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Specs seem great to be honest. If I could afford it I'd be getting the same one. Most TFT's these day's don't have ghosting probs like the older monitors did so that won't be an issue. I have a 17" TFT (Sharp) and it's around 2 years old and haven't had a problem with it either.

I was expecting a fairly high response time with the monitor being quite large and all but 23ms is actually pretty sweet.

Overall, a great gaming monitor and should proove more than enough to watch the latest and greatest of what Hollywood has to offer.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Click on the reviews they are quite positive

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Contrast isnt too bad. Brightness is alittle low and response time is alittle high.

You should be able to find a few 19" with >10ms reponse and better brightness around the $250 mark.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yeah, but they won't have the killer resolution that this one runs.
    19" units are just stretched 17's, they typically run at 1280/1024.
    His Samsung at 1600x1200 is much better.

Samurai is right, after Xmas that monitor will sell for $100 less (if not more).
    I'm waiting myself for that very reason...rumor has it that 22-26" models will fall to the $500-750 range in Jan/Feb.
    You read it here first....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    use the DVI connection if possible. That'll look very good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I have the same EXACT monitor, I wrote a review on Newegg too. This is a great monitor, prolly the best in its price range. There are different settings on the LCD that you can select like gaming or internet or movie so it is easier to see certain things you are doing. At 16ms and the LCD hooked to my PC with a DVI cable, I notice no ghosting at all, although my last LCD monitor was 25ms. You will immediatly notice that you have a TON of space to work with and in time you get used to it. Much easier to multitask, most of all. If you play modern games like bf2 and ur grafics card can't handle the native resolution (1600 X 1200) then it might not look that great but I would reccommend getting a good enough grafics card that can support that high a resolution. If you don't game a lot, or take gaming seriously, of coarse, then it does'nt really matter so much. Out of all the LCD monitor's on New Egg right now I would reccommend this LCD. Btw mine came with no dead pixels and shipping was fast for me.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Yeah, but they won't have the killer resolution that this one runs.
    19" units are just stretched 17's, they typically run at 1280/1024.
    His Samsung at 1600x1200 is much better.

Samurai is right, after Xmas that monitor will sell for $100 less (if not more).
    I'm waiting myself for that very reason...rumor has it that 22-26" models will fall to the $500-750 range in Jan/Feb.
    You read it here first....

Oh hell yeah! I can't friggin wait!
    Today is the day.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Yup.This is the reason why my 17" TFT won't be upgraded to a 19" as it's still going to have the same res. I'll be looking to get a 20"+ next year if I can get the funds together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12