Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys Fawk

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    We likewise are having the Beirut experience outside. Beautiful night for it this year. SGG and her bro have gone with friends to the big display down at the sea front.

I thought the piece up above was elegantly put "after interrogation"... it was, as I recall, a pretty nasty affair with lots of torture and a fairly unpleasant execution culminating in "the bonfire".

Strangely, I grew up thinking we were celebrating the attempt Bit eccentric my folks.
    Last edited by Biggles; 11-05-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    enjoy

for those who dont know about it

Guido Fawkes (April 13, 1570January 31, 1606), most commonly called Guy Fawkes, was a member of the group of Roman Catholic conspirators who attempted to carry out the Gunpowder Plot. The conspirators had planned to assassinate King James I (James VI of Scotland) and all the members of both branches of the Parliament of England. To do this, the House of Lords was to be blown up during the formal opening of the 1605 session of Parliament. Guy Fawkes was primarily responsible for the latter stages of the plan's execution. He was discovered before its completion, however. Following an interrogation, Fawkes and his co-conspirators were executed for treason.
    In the United Kingdom, Newfoundland, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, parts of the USA, and formerly Australia, the Gunpowder Plot is commemorated annually on Guy Fawkes Night, also called Bonfire Night. For some it is a celebration of the plot's failure, for others it marks the loss of a folk hero.

nice wikipedia links

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't recall much of the evening but I am reliably informed that I called Missus manker's best-friend's husband 'gay as fuck' because that day he'd spent £275 on bedding.

Interweb speak is creeping into my vocabulary

===

In other news:
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I thought the piece up above was elegantly put "after interrogation"... it was, as I recall, a pretty nasty affair ... .
    Feck, Just how old is Biggles.
    Last edited by manker; 11-06-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    03:00 they stopped round our way.

This intelligence was supplied by Mrs JP, I have no recollection of events post 23:00

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Alchohol 'causes deafness,round 2 is now kicking off.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I don't recall much of the evening but I am reliably informed that I called Missus manker's best-friend's husband 'gay as fuck' because that day he'd spent £275 on bedding.
    Common sense FTW.

It comforts me to see that not all people turn into driveling fools when drunk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12