Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fm 2006

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    this great game has come out today (21st) and havent had the chance to get it yet, has anyone else got it and if they have can they provide there first experiences with it

2. Games   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    What's the full title? I can't find fm 2006 on ign.

3. Games   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    this great game has come out today (21st)
    i find this sentence very confusing

i've played the demo, it's like Football Manager 2005, but the training's more fun and the commentary is a bit more annoying, and the match engine is very subtlely different and i can't really tell the difference
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Games   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Here's me thinking it's the 15th. Must be one of those time-zone things...

I liked the last FM game, could play it while watching a film. Click button, watch movie, by end of movie the next page has loaded. Great stuff.

I'm currently downloading Fifa Manager 2006. The confusion on various Bittorrent sites as to whether this is FM 2006 is a thing of beauty (and sadness at the mass stupidity of internet folk...).

5. Games   -   #5
    I've been playing the Demo for ages, theres a lot of small changes. A lot more info when you sign players and messages from chairmen and such. Game engine is better as when the team kick the ball 50 yards up the field your defenders don't run away from it anymore. Transfers are more realistic, and thankfully they finally fixed the fitness issue, in FM2005 after each match your players had like 80% fitness for the match in 3 days time so you had to make 10 changes.

The main thing is that all the players are updated and a lot of stats have been updated as well (Roy Carrol is no longer a better keeper than Cech) Also for each player it has a positions screen which is very handy when looking to sign players. In there profile it might say LeftWinger/Striker but after checking there positions screen they are a natural left winger and uncomftable as a striker. Thats one of the best additions.

Quality game, best Football Manager game, and i've tried loads:

Fifa Manager - To unrealistic, you can sign Ronaldo (The Real Madrid one) for £9mill for Birmingham.
    Premier Manager - Just utter shyte, the game makers couldn't even be assed to make it so that you could change the language from German when on XP even though the game was made in English
    Championship Manager - Shyte, to cluttered, match engine sucks and feels so cheap.

Can't wait for a scene release of Fm2006.

Oh, and yes it is a 21st October retail release date so we've still got another 6 days to wait.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 10-15-2005 at 11:41 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    this game is going to ruin my life along with pes 5

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    various people i talked with on dutch forums already have FM2006
    so i don't understand why it still isn't on the internet?
    does it have Starforce protection??

8. Games   -   #8
    They might have the demo, or brought the game and got it early from the shops.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    they got it from online-shops and 'normal' game-stores, they just told me

usually games are on the internet, quite some time before their actual release

strange

10. Games   -   #10
    Not usually, well it all depends on the copy protection. I'd say about 25% are released before release date, 50% 2 days either side of the date and 25% afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast