Thread: Crap! Fatal Error Upon Startup

nizers's Avatar Poster
    Okay.. i've been busy trying to help my parents get thier computer back to normal since they've apparently DL'd the Klez virus. Anyway.. i came home to try and find the command.com file that i needed to reformat thier computer and when i started up XP loaded but then had a fatal error. Here is the error that i copied fromt the BSOD

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

****STOP: 0x00000050 (0x840000081, 0x00000001, 0x80595813, 0x00000000)

Can somebody please help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    1st, when having a problem, please list more info. ex. OS etc.
    THIS should be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    sorry.. my OS is XP HE SP1 anything else??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday when i posted this. I just did a system restore to a week ago and everything seems to be A.O.K

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by nizers@18 April 2003 - 02:31
    Okay.. i've been busy trying to help my parents get thier computer back to normal since they've apparently DL'd the Klez virus. Anyway.. i came home to try and find the command.com file that i needed to reformat thier computer and when i started up XP loaded but then had a fatal error. Here is the error that i copied fromt the BSOD

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

****STOP: 0x00000050 (0x840000081, 0x00000001, 0x80595813, 0x00000000)

Can somebody please help.
    now a days klez worms r spreading fast there r various types of it spreading thaough

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Well i fixed my BSOD problem. Just a simple System Restore to week back did the trick. Now, when i posted the original message i was using my roomates computer... today, his comp. is doing the same thing! So, i told him I'd fix it since i just fixed mine this morning. I've tried doing a system restore and it won't take... I'm still getting the same error on his computer. Please tell me there's another way to fix this without wiping everything

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Doesn't Klez spread through Outlook?? Neither me or my roomate use Outlook (i use msn and he uses yahoo). How else could we possibly have gotten this virus (if that's what happened?) I use NAV2003 with all the updates. So... how do i prevent myself from contracting this virus?