Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Rule #13

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Board Rules
    13. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.
    I'm only being picky because I'm bored, but the above seems to imply that the decisions will not be tolerated. Which is clearly not how it's supposed to read.

Surely, it should be:-

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Surely it was the decision of an admin or moderator to relate that point in such piss-poor English.

Therefore your post should not be tolerated.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    I suspect I am about to be placed on Toleration.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I'm only being picky because I'm bored, but the above seems to imply that the decisions will not be tolerated. Which is clearly not how it's supposed to read.

Surely, it should be:-

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated.
    Changed...

Thanks.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Shouldn't it be:

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and no such discussion or questioning will be tolerated.
    /manker
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    You'd need to ask a cunning linguist. I would say both are correct, but yours is possibly the more eloquent way of putting it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Contravention of this rule will not be tolerated.
    Since we're being really picky - I got rid of some of the tautological ingemination and replaced it with pure tautology.

While neither is completely correct, I understand the need for reiteration and the latter is much more elegant.

Edit: Just noticed that it should be 'nor'.
    Last edited by manker; 11-08-2005 at 10:18 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Public discussion or questioning of any decisions made by the Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Public discussion or questioning of any decisions made by the Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
    Nice.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Anyone doing so will be terminated.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast