Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Job Offer From Standard Charter Bank

lynx's Avatar .
    Read point 4 again, the termination without notice thing only applies to the probation period. Even where labour laws protect employees, that's a pretty standard condition.

But it also effectively says that the probation period can be extended (or shortened, but that's unlikely) if they notify you before it finishes.

Also, note that point 6 is badly worded, you won't get a salary review until April 2007.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Did you apply for this job, or did they come to you.
    kinda, acctualy some agency got my number and CV and they arrenged every thing. but i didnt know moving there is that much scary, the contract is lika warning instead of welcoming.

I would accept the new job but, tell them you would like to give your current job the respect of a months notice er something so you can still get the bonuses.
    thats what i thought, only 1 month is left, that also will give me some more time to give all my thoughts on it.

Read point 4 again, the termination without notice thing only applies to the probation period. Even where labour laws protect employees, that's a pretty standard condition.
    as i said if somebody is jobless then the ignorance of that term would be easy cuz there is notting to lose.
    Last edited by BawA; 11-08-2005 at 01:27 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123