Thread: wmp10 problem

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    my wmp10, when playing songs, will sometimes show album art, but sometimes not. i mean this is even w/ popular albums too. like for example, it will display album art for "The Best of Pantera Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgur Hits" but then if I play something from Volume 3 Subliminal Versus (Slipknot), it won't show. Is there a solution? Is it that there really is no album art available on the net for some albums (total lie), or do I have to download em myself (if so where do i put the jpg)?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    I can't say for sure, cause it's been a while....
    but I think that there either has to be a reference/link to the art in the ID3 tag, or...
    I think I had all my art showing when I had em (the .jpgs) in the album folder(s)
    a few months ago I could've told you for sure

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    if anyone has solution, please post. thanks fkdup74 for tryin i guess, still looking online for a solution to it, hopefully someone on the board knows.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Personally, with the scare in regards to Windows and DRM in the recording industry, I think it might be wiser to actually disable such updating services through WMP. This weeks issue of WinXP News somewhat goes into detail within a few articles regarding something disturbing Sony has taken up dealing with "rootkits". I thought it relevant here perhaps.

WinXP News issue:
    http://www.wxpnews.com/?id=201

The specific article I am referring to:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/200...al-rights.html

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I know MusicMatch ripped MP3s will have the Art, while Winamp & WMP wont, you have to put the Art in the Folder. I rip with MusicMatch, so if I play a song in MusicMatch or WMP...I see the Art. MusicMatch adds the Art to the MP3 itself...it is embeded.