Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities And Their Opinions

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    My objection is the relative volume of their speech-GET IT?
    If celebrities only said stuff that you agreed with, I don't believe you would have a problem with it, but there is no way of telling.

I do, however, know that there are people who just don't want to here celebs disagree with them. It is those people that I direct my comments to.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by dwightfry@24 April 2003 - 10:26
    If celebrities only said stuff that you agreed with, I don't believe you would have a problem with it, but there is no way of telling.

I do, however, know that there are people who just don't want to here celebs disagree with them. It is those people that I direct my comments to.
    Alright-ONE MORE TIME.

Take away their microphone, BUT NOT THEIR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, and I'll be happy.

C'mon Renfield, anyone who can do illicit lab work at home right under Mum's & Dad's noses can't be this thick.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@24 April 2003 - 10:04

Take away their microphone, BUT NOT THEIR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, and I'll be happy.

C'mon Renfield, anyone who can do illicit lab work at home right under Mum's & Dad's noses can't be this thick.
    How much would you struggle to keep YOUR microphone, should you have one?

re: Renfield...too much insect protein isn't good for you, ask the folks on Survivor
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by clocker+24 April 2003 - 15:11--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 24 April 2003 - 15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@24 April 2003 - 10:04

Take away their microphone, BUT NOT THEIR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, and I&#39;ll be happy.

C&#39;mon Renfield, anyone who can do illicit lab work at home right under Mum&#39;s & Dad&#39;s noses can&#39;t be this thick.
    How much would you struggle to keep YOUR microphone, should you have one?

[/b][/quote]
    If a microphone was required to equalize the relative volume, the phrase "Cold, dead fingers...." might apply.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+24 April 2003 - 10:04--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 24 April 2003 - 10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry@24 April 2003 - 10:26
    If celebrities only said stuff that you agreed with, I don&#39;t believe you would have a problem with it, but there is no way of telling.

I do, however, know that there are people who just don&#39;t want to here celebs disagree with them. It is those people that I direct my comments to.
    Alright-ONE MORE TIME.

Take away their microphone, BUT NOT THEIR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, and I&#39;ll be happy.

C&#39;mon Renfield, anyone who can do illicit lab work at home right under Mum&#39;s & Dad&#39;s noses can&#39;t be this thick. [/b][/quote]
    MY GOD&#33;&#33;&#33; I believe you are LYING to yourself. I know what you are saying, What I&#39;M saying is that I believe you wouldn&#39;t give a RATS ASS about them voicing there opinions in their &#39;microphone&#39; if they were only saying stuff that you agreed with. I understood you the first time, and the second time and the third time, I just didn&#39;t/don&#39;t believe you.

(oh yeah...and I don&#39;t live with my parents)
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Ah-I see.

You might have thought to say, "In light of your political stance....." or, "You just don&#39;t like what they have to say, so just shut the libs up?", but no, you have to play dumb.

Okay-you&#39;re saying that, indeed, I AM guilty of wanting to deprive them of their speech rights?
    Even given my statements specifically to the contrary?
    You are ignoring plain statements that exist IN THIS THREAD?

You have obviously armed yourself with your own personal set of facts about me, Renfield-did you cook THEM up in your lab, too?

Well, YOU may enjoy an occasional bout of thickness, but you might devote some time to your mental folio, too, as IT is very thin.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Out of idle curiousity j2, what is the origin of the "Renfield" honorific? Dracula?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Originally posted by clocker@24 April 2003 - 19:36
    Out of idle curiousity j2, what is the origin of the "Renfield" honorific? Dracula?
    By Netty Dingo, we got a bingo&#33;

Yup-he also portrayed Ygor in lots of Frankenstein movies.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by j2k4+25 April 2003 - 03:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 25 April 2003 - 03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--clocker@24 April 2003 - 19:36

Yup-he also portrayed Ygor in lots of Frankenstein movies. [/b][/quote]
    Not Renfield and Stimpy, the cartoon? I was so sure&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Originally posted by hobbes+24 April 2003 - 22:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 24 April 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -j2k4@25 April 2003 - 03:54
    <!--QuoteBegin--clocker
    @24 April 2003 - 19:36

Yup-he also portrayed Ygor in lots of Frankenstein movies.
    Not Renfield and Stimpy, the cartoon? I was so sure&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Alright-

Who&#39;s really in charge of comic relief around here?

Wouldn&#39;t mind hearing a sane voice here, Hobbes-leave something worthwhile, huh?

I&#39;m gonna go play with my wife for a bit. B)

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast