Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prisoner sues God

vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Unsure

There are people of faith, people of extreme faith, Ideological zealots and then this man

Prisoner sues God

A Romanian prisoner is suing God for failing to save him from the Devil.

The inmate, named as Pavel M in media reports, accused God of "cheating, abuse and traffic of influence".

His complaint reads: "I, the undersigned Pavel M, currently jailed at Timisoara Penitentiary serving a 20 years sentence for murder, request legal action against God, resident in Heaven, and represented here by the Romanian Orthodox Church, for committing the following crimes: cheating, concealment, abuse against people's interest, taking bribe and traffic of influence."

The inmate argued that his baptism was a contract between him and God who was supposed to keep the Devil away and keep him out of trouble.

He added: "God even claimed and received from me various goods and prayers in exchange for forgiveness and the promise that I would be rid of problems and have a better life.

"But on the contrary I was left in Devil's hands."

The complaint was sent to the Timisoara Court of Justice and forwarded to the prosecutor's office.

But prosecutors said it would probably be dropped and they were unable to subpoena God to court.
    source

Do you think he has a case?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-10-2005 at 06:55 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    predestination

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    that rawks

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    No, but he is one.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    There are people of faith, people of extreme faith, Ideological zealots and then this man

Prisoner sues God

A Romanian prisoner is suing God for failing to save him from the Devil.

The inmate, named as Pavel M in media reports, accused God of "cheating, abuse and traffic of influence".

His complaint reads: "I, the undersigned Pavel M, currently jailed at Timisoara Penitentiary serving a 20 years sentence for murder, request legal action against God, resident in Heaven, and represented here by the Romanian Orthodox Church, for committing the following crimes: cheating, concealment, abuse against people's interest, taking bribe and traffic of influence."

The inmate argued that his baptism was a contract between him and God who was supposed to keep the Devil away and keep him out of trouble.

He added: "God even claimed and received from me various goods and prayers in exchange for forgiveness and the promise that I would be rid of problems and have a better life.

"But on the contrary I was left in Devil's hands."

The complaint was sent to the Timisoara Court of Justice and forwarded to the prosecutor's office.

But prosecutors said it would probably be dropped and they were unable to subpoena God to court.
    source

He's fucking stupid, or at best, mentally unstable and fucking stupid.

This is Lounge material.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    No, but he is one.

Hilarious!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

source

He's fucking stupid, or at best, mentally unstable and fucking stupid.

This is Lounge material.
    screw you busyman. this case rawks. more people should question god

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Well silly as it is it raises a question.

surely if one believes god exists then one should think that even if God is "above question" he is actually someone or some thing that can be targeted. If it is not irrational to believe in God then it is not irrational to think that God abandoned that person. So is this man "irrational"?.....After all every day people declare "God saved me" "God made me" "God this or that"
    It does rank along the lines of eating too much and then trying to deflect from personal accountability by suing Mcdonalds for your obesity.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9

surely if one believes god exists then one should think that even if God is "above question" he is actually someone or some thing that can be targeted. If it is not irrational to believe in God then it is not irrational to think that God abandoned that person. So is this man "irrational"?.....After all every day people declare "God saved me" "God made me" "God this or that"
    It does rank along the lines of eating too much and then trying to deflect from personal accountability by suing Mcdonalds for your obesity.
    Actually it raises no question except whether those that entertain what this idiot says are idiots themselves.

You said it best.....personal accountability.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryman

Actually it raises no question except whether those that entertain what this idiot says are idiots themselves.

You said it best.....personal accountability.

this dude prayed everyday and got christened. the church told him he would be protected by god and asked to be protected from evil every day. therefore, the church and/or god ripped him off, because he was not protected from evil. if you believe in god - you have the right to sue your church if you either do something evil or evil is done onto you. this was definately a verbal and probably written agreement. for the church to deny this would make them guilty of fraud

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast