Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: White Men Can't Rap...

Poster
    Also I would like to say that many peeps regard Tu-Pac as being the greatest rapper of all time. What about his abilities as a musician?Not many realise he was a shit hot Bassplayer!There was a film out a few years ago with Tu-Pac in playing Bass,but can`t remember what it`s called.If any 1 can,post it please.
    cheers,
    Bass.

2. Music   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@19 April 2003 - 03:42
    I think I can speak for many WHITE men (at least the people I know) When I say: Why the hell would we want to? Rap is not of my culture, race, or people, And while I respect people for standing tall in what they believe in, I think rap is an expression of something I know nothing about because I do not come from that background/culture. I have NO respect for fake people, and I think alot of white people are F$#@ posing!!!!!!!!! B)
    (You can flame me all you want for this as you cry foul, and stamp "racist" all over it. but It will not make a difference as I know I am right )
    im not gonna flame u so dont worry cuz i have no reason i agree with u about the white kats suddenly jumping on the rap bandwagon when Em blew up same with ICP it seemed like all kinds of them jumpped there but claim there real. i have never met a white person who was full out hip hop head unless they are a real MC and there are some like ICP is hip hop so is Em and a couple others becuz they do rap but alot of white ppl jumped on it when Em came out. i do think a race can expand to diffrent cultures and reach out. me bieng hispanic im mostly based in hip hop and thats basically all i listen to. with rappers such as Fat Joe and Big Pun and Cypress Hill being Hispanic Rappers but ppl think they are the only Hispanic rappers if u see the underground there alot of chicano rapper Dyablo Slush the villian Lil rob are only a few

3. Music   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bass@19 April 2003 - 03:43
    Has anyone heard of a vocalist called Heitham Al-Sayed? He`s gotta be one of the best on the planet. Download "States of Mind" and "Age of Panic" by Senser. The album is called "Stacked Up"and is well worth a listen. Although my main listening pleasure is rock music I have had much experience with rapp and in my opinion this is got to be the best cross-over band ever, but unfortunately didn`t get the marketing they deserved.A much missed band on my part.
    cheers,
    Bass.

Also I saw them live at Rock City Nottingham,UK. F**kin` excellent band,with an equally excellent engineer on the desk.A night I will never forget!!!
    haha u read my post wrong i ment as in general he is the greatest. "the good die young" R.I.P 2.P.A.C

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by Pitbul+18 April 2003 - 19:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 18 April 2003 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fallenknight308@19 April 2003 - 03:42
    I think I can speak for many WHITE men (at least the people I know) When I say: Why the hell would we want to? Rap is not of my culture, race, or people, And while I respect people for standing tall in what they believe in, I think rap is an expression of something I know nothing about because I do not come from that background/culture. I have NO respect for fake people, and I think alot of white people are F&#036;#@ posing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; B)
    (You can flame me all you want for this as you cry foul, and stamp "racist" all over it. but It will not make a difference as I know I am right )
    im not gonna flame u so dont worry cuz i have no reason i agree with u about the white kats suddenly jumping on the rap bandwagon when Em blew up same with ICP it seemed like all kinds of them jumpped there but claim there real. i have never met a white person who was full out hip hop head unless they are a real MC and there are some like ICP is hip hop so is Em and a couple others becuz they do rap but alot of white ppl jumped on it when Em came out. i do think a race can expand to diffrent cultures and reach out. me bieng hispanic im mostly based in hip hop and thats basically all i listen to. with rappers such as Fat Joe and Big Pun and Cypress Hill being Hispanic Rappers but ppl think they are the only Hispanic rappers if u see the underground there alot of chicano rapper Dyablo Slush the villian Lil rob are only a few [/b][/quote]
    I agree that people should expose themselves to other cultures, just don&#39;t pose B)
    And thank you for your kind reply.

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    no prob i think ppl have there right to an opinion just as long as there not rude when they do it.

6. Music   -   #26
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    jumping on the white bandwagon of eminem... that may be so for many...

being 24, my first real look into hip hop culture was the early death row stuff, the chronic, doggystyle, etc. I could relate in a way, though living in a mainly white area, the struggles, the ideaology that ran through the music... the fu@k what ever is keeping you down... i was never spoiled, had money, but i wasnt from the ghetto either.

It was new, its was different, i didnt run around with bandanas on,flashing signs, but i could respect that material, the back ground, and the flow the music had. I dont try to be gangsta, a wigger, I dont wear fubu or sean john... but musically, alot of it is good stuff.

7. Music   -   #27
    this topic is retarded.
    so i feel capable of responding

eminem makes good music. whoever you may think is the
    greatest rapper of all time is an opinion. so dont go around
    acting like there is an official "greatest rapper of all time"
    and white boys can rap. not all of them just like not all black
    ppl can rap. as a matter of fact alot of black rap artists cant rap
    worth shit and are only able to get deals because they are black
    and talk about gangsta shit. big tymers being one example.
    thier songs are maybe good for clubs but as far as talent?
    get frikin real. there are countless others as well.
    a white rapper needed to be one of the most talented
    rappers in history (i said one of) to make it. no white dude
    that raps like big tymers would get any respect.
    like whatever sounds good to you and quit telling other ppl
    what they have to like to be REAL hip hop heads. seriously

8. Music   -   #28
    Poster
    yeah but queers like big tymers which seems to be the only one u used plz be more out with other such as P diddy or WTF u call him and Nelly hes also a bitch but thats a rap of its own i call that Baller rap and its a disgrace to hip hop in general so i dont even count them

9. Music   -   #29
    ya there are many others but i feel big tymers lyrical skillz
    are as low as you can go so they were just an example.
    i didnt want to have to start naming every crappy lyricist.

10. Music   -   #30
    Chris Rock&#39;s quote of the day
    >
    >
    > "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white
    > guy,the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is
    > Chinese, the Swiss hold the America&#39;s Cup, France is accusing the
    > U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn&#39;t want to go to war, and the three
    > most powerful men in America are named &#39;Bush&#39;, &#39;Dick&#39;, and &#39;Colon&#39;.
    > Need I say more?"

but hey, i&#39;ll jump in the eminem bandwagon. it&#39;s all about the lyrics.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast