Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy

I was reading about this game this morning actually... looks much better than NFS2: Underground. Hopefully it will be better

US Release: 16 Nov 05
    UK Release: 25 Nov 05

Screenshots: 3D Gamers
    Download 1:Gamers Hell
    Download 2: 3D Gamers

Anyone with more download links, stick em up here. These servers are gonna get packed.
    Last edited by Samurai; 11-11-2005 at 03:04 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    More Info...

Need for Speed: Most Wanted demo

Be Wanted
    Wake up to the smell of burnt asphalt as the thrill of illicit street racing permeates the air. From the makers of the hit Need for Speed Underground series, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (For Demo)
    - OS - Windows XP/2000
    - Processor - Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 1.4 GHz
    - Memory - 256MB RAM
    - Hard Drive - 1.0 GB
    - CD Drive - 8 SPEED (Demo Disc only)
    - Video Card - 32MB*
    - Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
    - DirectX - Version 9.0 c
    - Online - Broadband; 2-4 Players
    - Input - Keyboard, mouse or USB Steering Wheel/Gamepad
    - DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card.

* Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/GTS or greater, ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; Intel 950/i915g; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro. Laptop models of these chipsets are not supported.

Quick Race

Stock Mustang
    Tuned Mustang
    Stock Cayman S
    Tuned Cayman S

Opponent Cars:

IS300
    GTO
    Golf GTI
    Cayman S
    Viper
    Mustang

Quick Race Tracks:

Sprint - Point-to-Point
    Speedtrap - New Race Mode

Challenge Series
    1 Pursuit Length Challenge
    1 Tollbooth Challenge
    1 Roadblock dodge Challenge

Blacklist 15 Teaser
    Plays a 30 second video showcasing the blacklist and blacklist opponents.

Music (4 tracks)
    Main Menu - Do Ya Thang
    Main Menu - In A Hood Near You
    Race Music - We Control
    Race Music - Skinnyman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (For Commercial Release Product)

CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
    RAM: 256 MB or more
    Disc Drive: 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
    Hard Drive: 3 GB or more free space
    Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see right)
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    Input: Keyboard, mouse, or USB Steering Wheel/Gamepad
    Video card with 32 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; ATI Radeon Xpress 200; NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/GTS or greater; Intel 950/i915g; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro
    Multiplayer requires 1 set of discs per PC and a broadband (Cable, DSL, or faster) connection.
    Internet or LAN (2-4 players)

Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available on the PC for these territories on the following dates.
    North America: November 17, 2005
    Europe: November 25, 2005

3. Games   -   #3
    Looks good, a mate wants me to get it for him so i'll end up playing it no doubt. Been a good run of decent-ish games recently hopfully this will continue the trend.

4. Games   -   #4
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    wow, the demo did not impress me at all. AT ALL. i played 1280x1024 at max details and i hovered high 20s to mid 30s fps (same as NFSU2 so no biggie). performance wise, it performs the same. but the controls are ass, and so is the GUI. the steering control is fudgy and the shifting/rev limits arent as smooth feeling as NFSU2.

but excusing the crapass controls that make even gentle turns difficult and police escapes very frustrating, the graphics suck. the whole game looks like one of those flashbacks from Boy Meets World. everything reminds me of what the world looks like when im drunk, really blurry and slow (especially when HDR shows up).

from the demo, this isnt worth a purchase it at all. i wouldn't even pirate this game, that's how much it turned me off. in trying to make "leet" new graphics..they really downgraded. sometimes, simple = better. try to tell EA that.

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. Games   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I feel the same, the game was crap.

6. Games   -   #6
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    im downloading the demo right now, fucking slow.. reasons like this why http sucks for downloading large files....

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    from the demo, this isnt worth a purchase it at all. i wouldn't even pirate this game, that's how much it turned me off. in trying to make "leet" new graphics..they really downgraded. sometimes, simple = better. try to tell EA that.
    I feel EXACTLY the same way about CoD 2. I won't even waste my time downloading that either. Nevertheless I've downloaded it and have yet to give it a try, so I'll comment when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    im downloading the demo right now, fucking slow.. reasons like this why http sucks for downloading large files....
    Where are you downloading from?? I got 890KB/Sec from Gamers Hell.

8. Games   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    im downloading it from gamer's hell also (damn right it's hell to download, been over 2 hours)

9. Games   -   #9
    Don't neccessarily choose your nearest location. Try Netherlands, UK or even Germany. GamersHell have some of the fastest servers around. They put the likes of fileplanet and co to shame.

10. Games   -   #10
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Well the only cool part of the Underground franchise is the customization parts. The story is extreamly linear, and its the same thing over and over again. Race, Circuit, Drag, Drift..ect. What we need is GTA mixed with NFS:U, that would be cool.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast