Thread: HELP! Computer Crash, anyone read binary?

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

Ok not so much the binary part. My situation: I was playing a game & my screen turned into a buncha red lines. Then I gotta blue screen error of death saying something about "nv4_disp".

Restarted, my bios screen is in symbols, wierd other things that I know should not be there, & blah. Black screen never loads, I die.

Restarted again, safe mode works (on it right now w/ networking). McAfee virus found 5 natas.mp from Matrix: Path of Neo game dir. deleted them, but still won't start-up & everything is 8-bit.

What do I do? (I did get a Plextor 740a DVD-RW/CD-RW blah but its been working fine for days)

This suddenly appeared, need help! And somehow starting from scratch (I have 2+ GB of music I love), I think, ain't gonna work. #1 My bios load screen is F*****.

Please help me gods of forum...

EDIT: I uninstalled NVidia drivers. Bios screen still farked, but I am able to enter Windows XP Home without safe mode.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 11-12-2005 at 03:22 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Sounds like te graphics card might have overheated, you tried leaving teh comp off for a while atleast?

You could check to make sure the vid card's fan is working too, and that the card hasn't come loose inside the case or anything.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It was left off all night, the fan does work. I called Dell, they had me remove alotta hardware & blah...They are going to replace my motherboard.

I've asked, sure its not the card, or a virus? They said no, but it replacing the motherboard don't work she will call back on Wens. to make sure it does & if not, its another walk-through.

What I've done: I tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers, but during it I got blue screen twice. So I'm sitting here in 8-bit world with 320x 160 res...lol...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt
    It was left off all night, the fan does work. I called Dell, they had me remove alotta hardware & blah...They are going to replace my motherboard.

I've asked, sure its not the card, or a virus? They said no, but it replacing the motherboard don't work she will call back on Wens. to make sure it does & if not, its another walk-through.

What I've done: I tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers, but during it I got blue screen twice. So I'm sitting here in 8-bit world with 320x 160 res...lol...
    Hi Hairbautt, I have been doing a little research ....you are not alone!
    here are some suggestions:
    like ross said card could be overheated...(1)from heavy dust on board
    ...(2)from heavy game play

other opinions is that the (3)existing driver is
    not compatable with graphics with game
    not compatable with sp2 upgrade
    not compatable with new driver beta updates
    (4) possible solutions
    (a)get upgrade driver from nvidea
    remove existing driver and install upgrade

(b)remove existing driver and reinstall windows
    with sp2 and let windows find a driver that will work.
    here are some of the sites that will give you some additional info
    plus I have included link to nvidea driver site.
    it seems nvidea driver is the problem...you will
    have to find beta that will work for you.
    by Ron Miller: Stupid Windows Tricks: NV4_disp.dll Blue Screen Error Fix

Bad video drivers? - Dimension - Video - Dell Community Forum
    Beta Driver - Windows XP / 2000

Driver Page

Possible Solution for Infinite Loop,Nvidia,BSOD's

Portal

nv4_disp.dll -> A possible fix
    ieXbeta Board > nv4_disp problem...

when you get a chance, let us know how you made out.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I can't install any drivers, at all. The original, beta, updated, anything at all. It'll try to install but blue screen will take over before its done & its a pain in the ass to uninstall what was left behind.

See with the drivers uninstalled, the computer is stable. HOWEVER, WHAT IN THE FUCK are the symbols on my BIOS & Windows splash-startup screens? Like I said when I enter BIOS or Advanced startup menu everything is written in code. Not binary (0010101), but random symbols like áĪچלỨﺸ

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yea, that would seem to be motherboard death, or at the very least, the cmos chip had a shit. But that doesnt explain fully how windows loads at all...... seems it could be the hard drive is failing, windows install is fucked.......ahh, I dont know. The simple fact that windows is running in safe mode kinda shows that someting is in windows fucking it up (drivers). The binary style code type stuff you see sould be just as simple as windows is so corrupt, that even the generic drivers cant display anything properly. The latter would be my best guess (even after typing all this like a conversation) but again, it dont explain the bios screen....maybe the vid card is actually dying along with windows......hmmm
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 11-13-2005 at 04:06 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Dell is replacing my motherboard, & Windows XP runs fine in 'normal' mode.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 12-13-2006 at 03:23 AM.