Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I gawt H4x0r'd...

Well, this is a long story but here it goes.

Woke up 2 days ago and went on my PC, all was fine. Then my MSN Messenger pops up (It was signed in as appear offline) and says I have been signed in at another computer and thus signed out on my computer. I thought, right this sometimes happens (Like once every 2 years) and it's just my other Windows Messenger signing in. But Windows Messenger was closed and i couldn't resgin in. It refused my password.

So i go to my hotmail and couldn't sign into my email then either. Go to my secret question which asks me what my favourite 90's TV show was, i enter it correctly and change my password. Then i try loging into my MSN with my new password. Still refuses it, so i go to change my password again via my secret question which has now changed (Note: I didn't change it).

So i try and reset my password using my alternative email address (A gmail address that no one knows about, only the person who invited me and I know the address addy. This won't sign in either, bad password.

Yes, my Gmail account and hotmail account used the same password. As does my FST account funny enough. So when i loaded Firefox and expected to be greated by angry PM's but nay. That will also not login.

Then i spoke to someone thrugh a forum and they said that I had tried to speak to them via MSN when i couldn't have been logged in. So a hacker comes to mind. All 3 things refuse my password, my secret question is changed, and someone is reported to have used my account when i could not be on it.

I'm in contact with Google to get my gmail account back and it's looking like there going to reset my password, once that happens i might be able to get my hotmail back. Still i'd like to stop this happening again. Apart from different passwords for everything what else would you susgest.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Don't piss people off with fake games that initiate a shutdown?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Next time use an answer totally irrelevant to your security question.

hmm...asspie

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Don't piss people off with fake games that initiate a shutdown?
    Knew that would come up

Thing that bothers me is that they knew my Gmail account, which no one knows apart from the person who invited me, and they don't know enough about PC's to know how to hack. They also must have known i visit this website as this password was changed (it was the same as my hotmail and gmail one yet a torrent site i use had the same password but that wasn't changed...

Anyone know an email address i can use to contact MSN to get my account sorted?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Next time use an answer totally irrelevant to your security question.
    Then you wont remember teh answer...

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Anyone know an email address i can use to contact MSN to get my account sorted?
    [email protected]

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    They also must have known i visit this website as this password was changed
    So how did you manage to get back into FST then. The site here recieved an email about the time this most likely started for you requesting a pssword change. The answer was to log on MSN and initiate a chat with me as the addy to reach me should already be know since weve chat before. This was at least one partial way to clear if it was the right person. Of course at that point there wouldve been some questions that would have let me know for sure.

There was never any contact at that point nor was the email that was sent with the requset ever returned nor was there any contact made on MSN either. It wouldve seemed that if MSN was an issue there wouldve been another email to follow I guess or if it was you then you couldve created a new account and discussed the situation through it.

As I recall in the past you would state that you dont use av or fw as you find it useless. Most of the time it dosent get used but its only there to do its fuction when the time comes. I would also wonder if you now know how you got hacked so that you can halt if from just reaccuring...
    Last edited by RealitY; 11-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Then you wont remember teh answer
    I find whisper or steganos is handy in these situations, store all your passes with encryption then you only have one to remember even though its hard due to using different cases and symbols I have it wrote down inside a cd case after a while u get to know it off by heart anyway

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Getting hacked is definitely not something fun

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    why did my lol get deleted
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast