Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do u make an avatar in Imageready

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    cough *paintripoff* cough

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I think I used "gif construction set", but I've got so much feckin' software I really can't remember.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #13
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    jack from fighting irsh

[How to make an animated .gif in photoshop and imageready
    [/CENTER]

1. We'll make SIMPLE animated AV. Open up a new canvas in Photoshop, 100x100, transparent, RGB settings.

2. Press 'D' to reset your colour pallette and use black to paint the base layer. Name it 'base.'

3. Right click on the base layer and choose 'duplicate layer.' Paint it white and name it Second Base.

4. Right click the 2nd layer and choose free transform.

5. Transform it to 95% width and 95% height. Press Enter.

6. Click the layer visibility button on your base layer [to make it invisible]. [Second Base should still be selected as this is what we're going to play with.]

7. Use your select tool to Select the top 1/3 of the second base layer. Right click and Layer Via Cut. Name it Second Base A.

8 Repeat step 7 with the layer that is still called second base. Rename the new layer Second Base B. When you've done it right, you'll have Base, Second Base, Second Base B and Second Base A.

9 Stroke all of the Second Base layers in 1px Black.

10. Select your text tool and in Second Base A, type STEAL. In Second Base B, type THIS. In Second Base, type AVATAR. [Use whatever font you like.] Unselect your text tool [or else it will not let you jump, which is our next step], just click the select tool.

11. On your Tools Bar, click the Jump-To button. It will auto-load image ready for you.

12. Now you should see adobe image-ready and on the top left you'll see your original graphic, on the right you'll see your layers and on the bottom you'll see a window that says 'animation.'

13. Inside your layers window, click the visiblity control on each of your text layers and make them invisible. Click the visibility control on each of the white boxes as well.

14. Duplicate your current frame. In the second frame, click the visibility frame on Second Base.

15. Duplicate your current frame. Now click the visibility control on Second Base B.

16. Duplicate your current frame. Now click the visiblity control on Second Base A.

17. Duplicate your current frame. Now click the visiblity control on Text Layer 'STEAL'

18. Duplicate your current frame. Now click the visiblity control on Text Layer 'THIS'.

19. Duplicate your current frame. Now click the visiblity control on Text Layer 'AVATAR'.

Press Play and watch what you've done. Now you know the basics, I'll let ya roam free. Show me what ya can do!

Here are some tips:

Below each frame it starts out on default '0 sec.' You can click that and change how long your frame shows, to slow down or speed up your .gif.

Also, you can't adjust the size of your gif once it's made so in photoshop, if you need it to be a small size, adjust it there.

Last, you can adjust how many times your .gif plays by pressing the button that says 'forever' You can make it go once or as many times as you like.

Good luck.
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    thanx muchspl3 its about time i got understand imageready

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12