Thread: firefox weird display sometimes

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I was wondering if anyone knows why firefox displays phpmyadmin in a weird way? All the graphics are missing and the links are just messed up. IE6 shows the pages just fine, but not FF. IE7 does the same thing, but I just need it for FF, cuz I am new to FF and dont yet understand all the ins and outs of it yet. thanks for any ideas you may have. Also, phpmyadmin is a mySQL database manager. So some of you may not have ever used it at all, and would therefore not have a clue what I am talking about.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    never had any problems viewing it in firefox. then again i dont think i have ever used internet explorer to view it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It works fine in both for me as well...

Maybe take some screenshots of what you mean.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    here is what I mean. Sorry for the pic physical size, file size is only 104k or so. I am not good at the whole image posting thing as far as sizing it is concerned. I was thinking it may have something to do with using a RC release, but that wouldnt explain why all is well with IE6

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Looks like it's missing the CSS stylesheet. Try clicking view->page style and make sure it's not set to 'No Style'

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    its set to basic style, thats what it says. I have the option of "no style" or "basic style" and BTW, I appreciate the help you are trying to give
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 11-22-2005 at 03:01 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Could be something to do wiht that RC1 you're using.

Anyway check the page source, find something in the header along the lines of:
    HTML Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./css/phpmyadmin.css.php?lang=en-utf-8&amp;js_frame=right" />
    Then point to the adress it has in your browser to make sure it can find the file.

If not then check on your ftp (or computer if it's local) to make sure the file exists.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I dont see any of that. I do see it when using IE, but I see FAR less when using FF. I do see something in the code that says "phpmyadmin is more friendly with frames-capable browser". Still trying to figure it out, but in the mean time, I will downgrade from the rc1 to pl4 to see what happens there.

*edit* the downgrade seems to have fixed the problem. I guess its just one of those things they call a bug, at least for firefox and IE7 (which is also a beta ) with regards to phpmyadmin. maybe I will let them know. Thanks rossco, I play with too many beta thingys, but its fun anyways.
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 11-22-2005 at 11:52 PM.