Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Santa removed from Coke cans. Non-Christians find him "offensive."

the christmas spirit is dead

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by bhatti00
    Of course.

If he was alive he would hardly be a spirit, would he.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    I honestly wonder if Coca-Cola Corp did real market research before making this decision.

Every time I hear about some poll or news report where "people" found something offensive, I find myself wondering WHO... WHO are these people and who did they complain to? Did they lodge some sort of mass write-in?

Personally, I think this knee jerk reaction is out of fear of the press. Complainers go to Coke. If they do nothing, complainers go to the press, who launch some type A investigative consumer advocasy reporter puke into a self-righteous tie-raid on coke for ignoring the cries of a minority group so he can get his pancake makeuped face on more bilboards in Poughkeepsie.

ITS A CAN OF GODDAMN COKE!

If you're secure in your beliefs, then you don't give a shit what is printed on your can of coke. People who get offended by Christmas because it has "Christ" in it can just get bent. Where do you stop? Better drop "Goodbye" from your vocabulary, too. That's a corruption of "God be with ye"

Christmas is about evergreen trees, decorations and lights. It's about the Grinch and Charlie Brown. It's about the only time of year where yard art is acceptable and long slow drives where you admire your neighbors handiwork. Its about buying gifts for those you love and getting things you've always wanted. It's about snow, time off school, egg nog and the smell of cedar logs in a fireplace. It's about stockings and chocolate and so much torn wrapping paper on the floor you can't see carpet - in short - it is about family traditions.

If your traditions involve a the birth of some guy who gets nailed to a chunk of wood, fine. If it's not, fine. Instead of pressuring companies to accommodate your beliefs, why don't you just fucking relax and pour your norman rockwell santa can of coke into a label free, belief free wax paper cup.
    Last edited by IsFeasachMe; 12-20-2005 at 02:41 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by IsFeasachMe
    I honestly wonder if Coca-Cola Corp did real market research before making this decision.

Every time I hear about some poll or news report where "people" found something offensive, I find myself wondering WHO... WHO are these people and who did they complain to? Did they lodge some sort of mass write-in?
    yeah yeah more blah blah. it doesn't say who had santa forcefully ejected, does it. this thread started with a misleading title based on the article's "maybe"s "perhaps"es and "i suspect"s because the dude who wrote it is just trying to drum up a phony controversy and sell his book based on the hypothesis that the grinches are out to destroy christmas. the only phone call mentioned in that article is the one the writer made, demanding to know why santa wasn't on the coke cans. yes, even though you should always trust everything the media says, especially what foxnews says, 'cause they obviously can't say something if it isn't true... this is actually a case of some guys pointing a disapproving finger at private companies & going "how dare you not honor my holiday specifically, by name?!?! christmas!! the holiday that lasts from november 1st to december 26th. what's up with this 'happy holidays' nonsense? there are other holidays? I AM A BIG FAT INSECURE CRYBABY, GIVE ME A PACIFIER." it's so disingenuous, too, like that southern cable guy comedian who decided he could make an ass-load of money by picking an audience and saying what he thinks it wants to hear. that guy isn't even from the south, and he's not really a cable installer.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-20-2005 at 05:52 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by IsFeasachMe

yeah yeah more blah blah. it doesn't say who had santa forcefully ejected, does it. this thread started with a misleading title based on the article's "maybe"s "perhaps"es and "i suspect"s because the dude who wrote it is just trying to drum up a phony controversy and sell his book based on the hypothesis that the grinches are out to destroy christmas. the only phone call mentioned in that article is the one the writer made, demanding to know why santa wasn't on the coke cans. yes, even though you should always trust everything the media says, especially what foxnews says, 'cause they obviously can't say something if it isn't true... this is actually a case of some guys pointing a disapproving finger at private companies & going "how dare you not honor my holiday specifically, by name?!?! christmas!! the holiday that lasts from november 1st to december 26th. what's up with this 'happy holidays' nonsense? there are other holidays? I AM A BIG FAT INSECURE CRYBABY, GIVE ME A PACIFIER." it's so disingenuous, too, like that southern cable guy comedian who decided he could make an ass-load of money by picking an audience and saying what he thinks it wants to hear. that guy isn't even from the south, and he's not really a cable installer.
    GTFOOH!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    just walk away. give me the tree, the coke cans, the gasoline, the entire month of december, and there will be an end to the christmas wars. just walk away.

anyway yeah. i like santa okay. he's a pretty cool dude. i enjoyed it, when he and pia zadora conquered the martians. this "omg christmas under attack" thing is just insidious though. diabolical, even. it seems like it's trying to appeal to a very selfish way of thinking: "me me me, my holiday, my month, it's just for me and nobody else. there's a distinct lack of santa in this wal-mart and that offends me."
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-20-2005 at 11:36 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Dude better put on a jacket....It's snowing in the desert.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by bhatti00

Ah its what we make of it ! Know whats strange tho I did n't see my youngest in the choir this year at school . While reading this thread asked the wife ,hey honey how come there was no xmas concert this year ?

Thought they canceled it but no just the little guys sing in school now or you have to join the choir ,but they don't sing the Christain songs I grew up with . Thats sad really no Oh Christmas tree or Silent Night , whats a Dad to do .

You know I wondered why a lot of our friends home school their children ....... but alas thats another topic to digest but I like the idea of a new Mac computer and home schooled values . Call me silly !
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-21-2005 at 08:55 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    How is "O Christmas Tree" a Christian song?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    How is "O Christmas Tree" a Christian song?

Good point I meant all the songs I sang as a child no longer seem to be allowed anymore, any reference to Christmas is frowned apon . Example is O' Holiday Tree . I'v heard that version too but I think you get my meaning ?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast