Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: P2P Software, Which one should i use?

Quote Originally Posted by mufaa
    In the end, for me, i just use 2 softwares.

eMule for anything and everything u need ever. Ever. I have not seen any other p2p software even coming close to this gem It may not be as fast bittorrent, for me though, they both give about equal speed.

Bittorrent- the whole world is moving towards it and it may very well be the next best thing in p2p sharing. Its fast on new torrents, but it will be difficult to find old movies/games/appz on bittorrent. Basically the torrent life is very small compared to eMule.

Agreed. I use emule for all the rare hard to find stuff that I can't find anywhere else. For all the rest, it's bittorrent all the way.

I use uTorrent now, and I got to say it's better than anything else I've tried. One of the great things about it is that it lets you download just the files you want from a torrent if you don't have the space to download the whole thing at once. Great feature. And, on top of that, it's the only app that hasn't slowed my computer down to a crawl.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Yea uTorrent is really great. Its size is so small, amazing.
    About the feature u r talking abt, its now in about all the BT softwares. 1.4 version has introduced the bitcomet style file selection before starting the download.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Hello everyone!!! I am A newbe if you can't tell. I am looking for a good movie download site. I know someone that I work with he gets his NEW movies off of a site, and he pays for them. They are great. He just wont tell me what website is. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out? I could help someone out with some programs....

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbigb
    Hello everyone!!! I am A newbe if you can't tell. I am looking for a good movie download site. I know someone that I work with he gets his NEW movies off of a site, and he pays for them. They are great. He just wont tell me what website is. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out? I could help someone out with some programs....

Trible post!

If you are searching for a good paying site the try newsgroups!

For more info about newsgroups visit the newsgroups section here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f79-.html

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    torrents are currently the best and fastest sources. does the actual client matter that much.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Boyd
    torrents are currently the best and fastest sources. does the actual client matter that much.
    that is not true.

Usenet/newsgroups always max your download speed (if you have a good server).

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Boyd
    I dont agree. UseNet is much faster than any other p2p software. And if i am correct, UseNet is were the scene releases happen.

About the client, thats debatable. as for speed, i dont think a client matters. but its not the speed always we use different clients.
    Last edited by mufaa; 01-31-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234