Thread: Disc Image Too Big?

grimfel
    A little confused and hoping someone can help me out:

I recently got an archive containing an ISO, CUE, and BIN file. The BIN file is 868,203 KB. When I used Nero to try and burn it from the associated CUE file, it wants to burn it onto CDR/CD-RW, but keeps rejecting any blank disc I put into the drive.

I'm assuming this is due to the fact that 868 megs is too large to fit on a CDR. It won't let me burn it onto a DVD, though. Anyone run into something like this before and know if there's a workaround?

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Question: Is the ISO the same program/game/software as the BIN/CUE?
    How big is the ISO?
    You can extract an ISO using e.g. Isobuster and delete things you won't be needing and after that create a new ISO which will be smaller.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Or you could try "mounting" the .ISO to a virtual drive using a program such as daemon tools. then you could install it from the virtual drive instead of your CD drive. Of course it still wont give you an install disk(s)

But it is a great way to "unpack" large .ISO files to get the programs installed

cheers
    Protect me from what I want!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by grimfel
    A little confused and hoping someone can help me out:

I recently got an archive containing an ISO, CUE, and BIN file. The BIN file is 868,203 KB. When I used Nero to try and burn it from the associated CUE file, it wants to burn it onto CDR/CD-RW, but keeps rejecting any blank disc I put into the drive.

I'm assuming this is due to the fact that 868 megs is too large to fit on a CDR. It won't let me burn it onto a DVD, though. Anyone run into something like this before and know if there's a workaround?

Thanks!
    Hi Grimfel,
    google is your friend
    try this freeware as a start

The File Splitter
    Moparx's Freeware Application Listing
    DVD Shrink .info: DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Was there no nfo file? That should tell you what to do with the files.
    If you tell Nero to burn the image before putting a blank disc in the drive, it'll tell you to insert media of a certain size. What does it say?
    Also, you may need to enable 'overburning' within Nero to squeeze extra data onto the disc. This isn't normally done with scene releases, though.

kazaa2002:
    I don't think any of those programs will help, since *.iso and *.bin files are disc images.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK

kazaa2002:
    I don't think any of those programs will help, since *.iso and *.bin files are disc images.
    hi grimfil, chewie's right, sorry ,got a little head of myself
    on this site, we have IKE'S guide.....it may help you in getting that archive
    reduced so it will fit.here is link Total burning guide. - FileSharing Talk

@chewie,thanks for comment, I sometimes miss the point, you keep
    me sane and awake. thanks again.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad