Thread: Werid Computer Problem

Poster
    Okay so this started about 2 days ago , ive never expericend how it happens but when my brother is playing the stupid game runescape , after an hour i think he comes up to me and says that the keyboard isnt leting me type anything and when i press a button the computer makes loud beeps so i was like man lemme see and i came to the computer and saw that the keybord had locked up but the mouse was running fine and when i pressed anything on the keybord the mouse froze and the cpu made a deep beep noise then after like 10 sec the mouse starts to work again but again if i press a key on the keybord the same thing happens , so i just restarted the computer and it worked fine , then later the next day my brother is playing the game again and the same thing happens , well ive banned him from playign the game but you know hez a little kid i dont want to take away his fun so can anyone tell me why this is happing , My computer is an Hp Pavillion a420n , 16 gig hd , win xp home , all the latest securty software so its not a virus im sure , using mozilla firefox and have zonealarm firewall , and ms antispyware , ad-aware, and sunbelts spyware thingy , i mean i know what im doing on the computer so its not that i dont have any patches installed , i keep win xp updated and stuff , i think it might be a problem with Java , becuase runescape tends to use java and java uses a lot of cpu usage, waht do u guys think? any reson why the keybord is locking up?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Have you checked runescape web site of any updates/patches/fixes?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe something is overheating.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 11-27-2005 at 10:34 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i think its a once in a while thing, it happens sometimes to me too because of constant repitition of buttons but hey who knows

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    i think its a once in a while thing, it happens sometimes to me too because of constant repitition of buttons but hey who knows
    Proboly it might be sticky keys gone nuts , i turned them off lets see , after that problem my computers been on since and no sign of the problem , im gonna get my brother to play the game again and see if sticky keys was the solution

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    It may be caused by an application popping up in the background (possibly related to sticky keys as you say). Of course, if it is behind the current window there's very little you can do to bring it to the front. Does ctrl-alt-del bring up task manager? If so it may be possible to kill the foreground task and see if there's a message behind it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ..is it possible to let him play with a joystick? ..and maybe try another keyboard.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel123
    ..is it possible to let him play with a joystick? ..and maybe try another keyboard.
    Ive been experimenting and now i know its not only the game problem , its a computer wide problem and its i think becyuase caps lock are stuck sumhow , when i press caps lock or scroll lock it just freezes for a while and here a beep out of the computer ( the tower)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Have you tried a different keyboard?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg