Thread: Visual Studio 2005 Blue Screen of Death

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Hey everyone. I tried researching this problem, but only to find alot of general information, and alot of other people that have had this problem, but I dont know where to begin? Randomly after I installed Visual Studio 2005 on my PC, my computer began attacking me with the Blue Screen of Death and it would stay up there, forcing me to turn of my computer. My specifications are

Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 2
    512 Ram
    2.99GHz P3

Thanks for any help in advance. I want to be able to run some visual studio without my hard drive crashing!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What does the BSOD say?
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I dont remember, but doesnt it save that somewhere?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I could put the dmp files up here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    you check the event viewer?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    What the hell is that? Well I read somewhere it helped if you defragmented your harddrive, then installed it. It seems to be working, but now I have version 6 and 2005, I enjoy 6 better because that is what I am learning on, 2005 has too many things changed with it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Hey everyone. I tried researching this problem, but only to find alot of general information, and alot of other people that have had this problem, but I dont know where to begin? Randomly after I installed Visual Studio 2005 on my PC, my computer began attacking me with the Blue Screen of Death and it would stay up there, forcing me to turn of my computer. My specifications are

512 Ram
    2.99GHz P3

Thanks for any help in advance. I want to be able to run some visual studio without my hard drive crashing!
    hi Orcutt989,

we need the "Stop message" 0x00000xxx etc.
    to be able to drill down to your problem.
    if screen for bsod is too fast....disable automatic restart(default setting in pro).
    also did you install a program or hardware recently?
    did this just start? is it only with this program?
    Last edited by kazaa2002; 12-06-2005 at 05:36 PM. Reason: update

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989

512 Ram
    2.99GHz P3

While I assume not, is this a legal copy of VS2005?
    If not, have you tried/found another version to install and still get the same error?

And as a side note, it's a much better idea to start learning VS2005 as opposed to VS6. ESPECIALLY, if you're trying to learn VB, although I would suggest learning C#. Perhaps you could try to find a copy of VS2003 as well (although there is still new fun stuff in VS2005 that 2003 lacks).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Hey guys. Yeah it only worked with that, but I have no idea how to use vb2005, because they changed so much of the code from v6 to v2005... Like unloading forms! But anyways, I just installed VB2005 with nothing else, and it seems okay. But I do have the dmp files, I just dont know how to open them and show you. I have vb2005 and v6 now.