Thread: Are scammer p2p programs still a problem?

Arm's Avatar Poster
    I've been out of the firesharing scene for a while so I don't know. But I do know of a way to help take down those web pages. So like, has the p2p scammers who take a free program and charge for it or load it with spyware still a problem? If so I have solution. It requires the scripts/program at Artists Against 419 and I2P. I know someone tried this program before with those sites but it got taken down by some asshole scammer assholes who run those sites. But with anonymous P2P like I2P or TOR (but please, not Freenet), they cant take it down so they fucking lose!

Or what?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Firstly "Take back P2P" by haxor41789 was released over a year ago.
    Secondly it is much better to run it through open http proxys.

The bandwidth of the TOR servers is better used for other things and causing more trouble for the volunteers who run TOR servers than they already get would not be nice.

I2P only has a couple of volunteer run web outproxys.

Freenet does not provide access to the normal world wide web so is useless for this.
    Last edited by zaphodiv; 12-04-2005 at 07:23 AM.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodiv
    Firstly "Take back P2P" by haxor41789 was released over a year ago.
    Secondly it is much better to run it through open http proxys.

The bandwidth of the TOR servers is better used for other things and causing more trouble for the volunteers who run TOR servers than they already get would not be nice.

I2P only has a couple of volunteer run web outproxys.

Freenet does not provide access to the normal world wide web so is useless for this.
    Aw cool Take Back P2P is still alive. I thought it got taken down permanetly like a year ago. Glad to see they are still kicking ass.

And I didn't mean run the whole thing through I2P. I just meant host the web site that contains the program and web site links from I2P so legal action would be nil. Though that program has too many images open at once. The original had 6 and this one has 128. Hmm, how about having like 9 images loading at once for the low bandwidth?

But you know my ideas worthless since this thing can survive above ground so theres no reason to bring it underground. Nevermind.