Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Re-birth Of Napster

Poster
    I have learnt that Roxio took over Napster (a long time ago). Then I subscribed to their newsletter to inform me of their progress:

Thank you for letting us know that you are interested in following our progress as we work to bring Napster back. Our goal is to bring you the best music site in the world while at the same time respect the artists who created the music we all love.
    We’ll keep you posted!
    So, their aim is to allow peer-to-peer sharing of music files, without infringing copyright laws. How are they to achieve this?

When do you reckon Napster will be resurrected?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    The only thing I miss about Napster is the people I used to chat with.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    A few months back, I attempted to download the old version of Napster, still it doesn't let you run the darn thing and it asks you to download the newest version from the website, which of course is under construction!

BTW: How's my avatar?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by AmarjitSingh@19 April 2003 - 12:48
    I have learnt that Roxio took over Napster (a long time ago). Then I subscribed to their newsletter to inform me of their progress:

Thank you for letting us know that you are interested in following our progress as we work to bring Napster back. Our goal is to bring you the best music site in the world while at the same time respect the artists who created the music we all love.
    We’ll keep you posted!
    So, their aim is to allow peer-to-peer sharing of music files, without infringing copyright laws. How are they to achieve this?

When do you reckon Napster will be resurrected?
    either subscription service or unsigned artists
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yeah, Roxio will not be providing this service for free. They will have deals with certain artists/record labels.. so you can pay, download, listen..(legally).

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Subscription service methinks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2795967.stm

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    If napster can get enough artists for a cheap price, it may actually work. This isn't just about free music, its also about convenience. I have some "straight and narrow" people in my family that won't use p2p because its illegal. If they could download a full album in one click, and it was organized and cheap, I really believe it could be a success. B)
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    trulyspotti's Avatar Member
    K-lite will work just fine if out siders stop changing file names and sending bullshit files. All we need to do is make good links with each other and instead of varified files we could have our own lists of varified people

[SIZE=14]its good to talk

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    $ for files

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I dont see the big deal with napster. I think there are more files/users on the fasttrack network at one time, than ever on napster. Besides, napster used old technology, and problably still does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast