Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Boot-Out of range???

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I just finished assembling my first build, and everything is going fine up to the point where I'm ready to install windows from my dvd-rom. This is when my BenQ T705 17inch LCD monitor displays a message saying: out of range!

I triple-checked all cables and connections and nothing is connected wrongly.

Thanks in advance for help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sry for not doing research before asking questions, and now with a bit research on google I know that:

-This is a common problem with new LCD monitors

-It's a problem with the res/frequency of your monitor

-It means that the pc is asking your monitor to display at a res/frequency it can't handle

-You can fix it by connecting your old CRT monitor and going into windows and setting the res/frequency lower

My problem:
    As this is a first boot with no OS installed, I have no ways of setting the res/frequency lower. Also, I do not have a LCD monitor. This problem occours whenever the CD drive loads the WIN XP CD. Please help thanks

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Very strange, it supports refresh rates 50-76Hz and I've never known XP to use a anything outside that range as default.

Have you got a customised installation cd? If so, it may have been set to use a high refresh rate (though I don't know how).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Very strange, it supports refresh rates 50-76Hz and I've never known XP to use a anything outside that range as default.

Have you got a customised installation cd? If so, it may have been set to use a high refresh rate (though I don't know how).
    Thx lynx, I think the problem is with my Radeon X800GTO, I think it's forcing my monitor to use a res/frequency it doesn't support. Also, the BenQ T705 only supports 50-60hz refresh rate (frequency). Help VB and clocker plz

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Do you have an old vid card you can swap in just to load Windows?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    According to Benq it supports 50-76 Hz, but whatever it is it is still not working for you.

I would do as clocker suggests if possible.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Hook it up to the monitor you're using now until windiws is installed

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    While it's booting... Press F8 and select Enable VGA Mode.

Edit. Sorry that only works with an existing installation.

Question: Do you see anything before that message? White text on black or BIOS information? Anything?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 12-04-2005 at 10:39 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thx for help, went over to neighbors with my tower and installed windows using his monitor lol

YAY comp finally up and running, will be OCing quite a bit and running 3dmark tests. Thanks for all your help guys FST is great

btw, how much can u OC the sok 939 athlon 64 3200+ (2ghz) to? I heard it's capped at 3ghz, but i doubt I'll be able to get it that high with the original AMD fan. Also, is OC's ultra performance series dual channel RAM OC friendly?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler

YAY comp finally up and running, will be OCing quite a bit and running 3dmark tests. Thanks for all your help guys FST is great
    Whoa there Nelly, back it down a notch.
    Before you start overclocking it why not make sure what she'll do at stock speeds?
    Use Everest to bench your RAM and see what options for memory timing your BIOS offers.
    After you have it set up properly then you can begin to creep up the speed scale.

You'll also need a real good idea of the temp signitures of your main heat producers- probably the CPU, GPU and northbridge.
    Pay close attention and be careful.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast