Thread: MS Streets and Trips 2006

CobraKid00
    I just downloaded Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 and when I go to install it, it tells me that I cant install it over the network and that I must do an administrative install. I am already logged into the administrator account, I believe its some kind of security thing, any way to install it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    you may have to delete registry keys.

click me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    why not just use google maps. Its much easier.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I do not believe that Google will provide written directions for the route of travel that are acurate within a margin of error of 10 feet. Or do they?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Kulanb
    Open a dos window, go to your cd drive (ie: d:<ENTER>) then type, "streets_st.exe /a". The setup will appear identical but it should tell you in the opening screen it is going to create an executable "server image" for you to transfer over the network and install from the hard drive of the machine you want it on.

Follow the setup like you would any other, go to the folder you installed it to and you will see the .exe image. Copy the image to the computer you want it on then run it. Delete the image if desired when you are done.

Hope this helps!

Kulan.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    you may have to delete registry keys.

click me
    I clicked that linky you provided, and I am now convinced that more and more morons are using bittorrent....did you read the comments, someone asked "and this is a PC game?"
    heres another comment that is classic "how do i download this? how do i open this and how do i install this program? pls help" That comment makes you wonder how the hell he even found the keyboard, let alone the pirate bay.
    I know Im off topic a bit, but thats hillarious. I would recommend to anyone wanting a giggle to click that link and read the user comments. But, the comments do mention of deleting some reg keys, so its worth a read if your having trouble installing this.
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 12-08-2005 at 05:54 AM.