Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File Sharing through Gmail!! Try GShare!!

Warning: Possible phishing scam, try at your own risk!

On the behalf of the devlopers I welcome you to the new File sharing facility currently hosted at:
    *UPDATE*http://www.gshare.in*UPDATE*

You can use your gmail account to login, and you can share the files you are having on your gmail account. Then you can also request the files you want. We don't store your username and password so if someone requests a file then you have to login and serve the request. The site will automatically send your shared file to the person.

For more details please check the website.

Warning: Possible phishing scam, try at your own risk!
    Last edited by geekybunny; 01-30-2006 at 11:01 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We've been doing that for awhile here....sort of.

Good link though.

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Hmmm interesting

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    top25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I new that 2 plus gig of space gmail gives users was gonna be used this way.
    http://fileserver2.jpghosting.com/images/fscbarpk2rh0_d8d89c48052201c26a69c381396e9950.png

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Oh, this is really good to know. Thanks -- I've just started using my gmail account more. I'll have to look into this.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i thght there was already a concept based on this rite?
    P2M or something?? it was not so bad until too many pple logged on to e same e-mail accnt at e same time?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Login doesnt work, seems like a phising scam to me. Btw he is a spammer, see here

http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=33963
    Last edited by zarquon; 12-07-2005 at 04:02 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yep, spammer. Good call, and welcome to FST. Someone will be here to steal take your coat shortly.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-07-2005 at 04:07 PM.

yo

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    There is a software called Peer2mail. It's working is totally different and as you pointed out it has its limitations such as when alot of people login to the same account at the same time. Peer2mail does not provide you with a convinient file sharing service. You upload the files to your account, then you send the links to the people who want to download it.

GShare is different!!!
    Lets see how...
    1. In GShare everybody logs into there own Gmail account instead of a single account. So the load is distributed and the performance does not degraded.

2. You log into your account and then allow GShare to scan any part of your inbox for files that could be shared.

3. Once you give the permission to share files, these files appear in the global list of shared files where you can also find names of the files shared by other Gmail accounts.

4. You go there and request files you want by clicking on them and the files will be sent to you in some time.

In this regard GShare's interface is easy and simpler to use.

Just try it!! GShare
    If you face any problems post it here or mail me at [email protected]

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekybunny
    4. You go there and request files you want by clicking on them and the files will be sent to you in some time.
    Why do this when I can download now from any number of filesharing programs?

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast