Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sleeper Cell. it rawks.

Retired
    There will be a new season later this year

Michael Ealy of 'Sleeper Cell'LOS ANGELES -- Showtime has decided to awaken another "Sleeper Cell" later this year.

The pay-cable network has ordered a second batch of episodes for the show, which earned a Golden Globe nomination this year for best miniseries. Michael Ealy and Oded Fehr will once again star, and series creators Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff will also return.

"'Sleeper Cell' became an instant signature show for us and has all the hallmarks of great premium cable," Showtime Entertainment president Robert Greenblatt says. "It's relevant, fearless and unlike anything else on television."

Praised by critics for its unsettling realism, "Sleeper Cell" told the story of an FBI agent (Ealy) and practicing Muslim who went undercover to infiltrate a Los Angeles-based terrorist cell led by Fehr's character. Showtime aired the 10-hour arc as a miniseries over two weeks in December.

The finale left just enough questions open for the show to return. Production on the second "Sleeper Cell," which will run eight hours, is scheduled to begin in the summer; Showtime hasn't set a premiere date or said how it plans to air the series.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    There will be a new season later this year

Michael Ealy of 'Sleeper Cell'LOS ANGELES -- Showtime has decided to awaken another "Sleeper Cell" later this year.

The pay-cable network has ordered a second batch of episodes for the show, which earned a Golden Globe nomination this year for best miniseries. Michael Ealy and Oded Fehr will once again star, and series creators Cyrus Voris and Ethan Reiff will also return.

"'Sleeper Cell' became an instant signature show for us and has all the hallmarks of great premium cable," Showtime Entertainment president Robert Greenblatt says. "It's relevant, fearless and unlike anything else on television."

Praised by critics for its unsettling realism, "Sleeper Cell" told the story of an FBI agent (Ealy) and practicing Muslim who went undercover to infiltrate a Los Angeles-based terrorist cell led by Fehr's character. Showtime aired the 10-hour arc as a miniseries over two weeks in December.

The finale left just enough questions open for the show to return. Production on the second "Sleeper Cell," which will run eight hours, is scheduled to begin in the summer; Showtime hasn't set a premiere date or said how it plans to air the series.
    Weird I read that about 2 months ago but I can't remember where.

Probably Dark Horizons. This is a perfect instance of a good show getting renewed sans good ratings.

Not running the entire season over a 2-week period and starting it in December is good start.

24 still is a better show but this is a close second.

Btw, have you checked out Brotherhood yet. It's good.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-14-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234