• Yes

35 85.37%
  • No

2 4.88%
  • Dont Care

4 9.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZB Sub Sections

Were thinking about having sub sections for the NZB Section as follows...

• Movies & TV
    • Music
    • Software
    • Games
    • Miscellaneous
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-07-2005 at 03:58 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I say YES The NZB section is getting VERY cluttered.
    However, can it be done so that threads are automatically sorted into the proper subsections from the "Submit an NZB" page, based on which icon you use (i.e. software icon, xvid icon etc etc...) and made so that no thread can be posted without the icon selection? This way you can keep the "Submit an NZB" form in the same place, and not have to worry about jumping from forum to forum while adding NZB's? And would save trouble of having to moderate and add the icon to people who've forgotten it.

Another thing, we should really get that dynamic dating thing implecated on the threads, as people are starting to bump extremely old threads and then getting upset when they get text file downloads instead of RAR's...
    Last edited by Damnatory; 12-07-2005 at 04:35 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    It would be similar to the Hash Section with a drop down for what section you want the thread posted in. You can take a look at it the current one HERE. As for icons I think Music Software and Games could be done automatically so that those that are forgotten would auto post. As for the Movies & TV area it would have to to be selected or when forgotten added as it is now.

Regarding the dynamic post age will hopefully be done soon but as rossco has been busy lately it has had to wait for a bit. I am looking forward to this also and hope it might prevent some of the outrageous post bumping...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-07-2005 at 05:16 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yeah I see what you mean now by the dropdown menu. Thats awesome, so long as the "submit" page automatically puts it in the proper subsection that is selected in that dropdown menu.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    untraceable2
    i vote yes, will make it alot easier to find what your looking for.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    yeah. sounds good. When I'm searching for specifics it makes it MUCH easier to have sections.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    freesoftrocks
    if those groups will be separate pages, it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a customizable header page, so that we all can see lets say 5 newest things from each group on one page.
    This way it will be easy for us to decide to which group to go rather then going to all five of them every time.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by freesoftrocks
    if those groups will be separate pages, it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a customizable header page, so that we all can see lets say 5 newest things from each group on one page.
    This way it will be easy for us to decide to which group to go rather then going to all five of them every time.
    Thats an interesting thought...

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    nicnac
    i vote yes ... for speed and ease of use....peace

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    I've not been using this section for a while now but I do think it would look much better.

hmm...asspie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast