Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving House

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    You have to get permission to move? If I want to move to a bigger place, I will just move to a bigger place....couldn't tolerate waiting for someone to tell me I could move...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    You have to get permission to move? If I want to move to a bigger place, I will just move to a bigger place....couldn't tolerate waiting for someone to tell me I could move...

Seems like a rod to me, but wouldn't you also need some kind of financial arrangement with the person who owns the bigger house that you want to move into.

Yes? Then it's the same set up as we have here.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    will the house be finished by christmas, all decorated with the tree and all?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I don't think you have councils like we do in England,they control a load of houses that they rent out to people,depending on your circumstances you get awarded points,the person with the most points will get offered the whichever house they are interested in first,this one we got I applied for in October,didn't think I'd got it when I didn't hear from them.
    It seems they were doing some new electrical work in it,thats why it took so long to respond.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_T
    will the house be finished by christmas, all decorated with the tree and all?
    I hope so but it'll take some doing,and in this one we can have a tree as we will have enough room

6. Lounge   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    Got a phone call from the council Monday saying we could look at a 3 bedroom house,did we want it.
    We said yes,we sign for the keys Friday,and have till the 19th to move into the new house
    What a bloody time to be moving,been trying for a bigger house for 5 years,then they say you can have one just before xmas!!!!
    I'm gonna be a busy boy from Friday,painting and decoratin
    Congrats, Gripper!

However, why are you getting an Even Steven?

Peace bd

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Got a phone call from the council Monday saying we could look at a 3 bedroom house,did we want it.
    We said yes,we sign for the keys Friday,and have till the 19th to move into the new house
    What a bloody time to be moving,been trying for a bigger house for 5 years,then they say you can have one just before xmas!!!!
    Congrats, Gripper!

Peace bd
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Congrats, Gripper!

Peace bd
    I've heard they are great for painting ceilings,you can fade into the corners and even out the cutting in.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think you need to move now, you've outgrown the forum

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Seems like a rod to me, but wouldn't you also need some kind of financial arrangement with the person who owns the bigger house that you want to move into.

Yes? Then it's the same set up as we have here.
    Last time I moved, I had the keys to my current place within 3 hours. These days, with credit reports, rental histories and whatnot all online, it is a simple matter. Should never have to wait 5 years to get a new place to live.

@vidcc: Packing my bags right now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast