Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps3 Vs. Xbox 360 vs. Pc //Discussion//

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I don't even have a 1080p TV.
    but then who DOES? and furthermore what's his address & when can i expect him to not be at home.

also: does this lack of 1080p give you feelings of inadequacy.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-08-2005 at 06:21 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I don't even have a 1080p TV.
    but then who DOES? and furthermore what's his address & when can i expect him to not be at home.

also: does this lack of 1080p give you feelings of inadequacy.
    1080p TVs are quite ubiquitous now...in the stores. Too expensive for me right now as is the 360.

I'll get a 1080p TV when I am ready to buy a new TV anyway which will probably be 2007. That's only if I see a big leap in PQ over 1080i. Otherwise those TVs can suck a dick until the price matches current TVs.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #13
    I might be biased since i own xbox but i have never really liked many ps2 games i find most games out with them to be crap compared to xbox. I mean what does sony really have that doesnt come out to xbox after while. I mean they have swat but we have rainbow six they have grand theft auto san andreas but well get it with better graphics. I dont know but i tend to go with the console thats the most "Fun" . The thing that really made me play my xbox alot was Xbox Live whereas sony has nothing of this calibre i think most people would pick games that are better at online gameplay than story gameplay because you can get way more hours worth the online i mean i racked over 50+ hours on rainbow six. Though i think ill probably end up getting ps3 since its comin later there fore it probably has more advanced hardware like bluray and stuff. I really dont give a crap about the numbers on specifications of any console i judge on games how nice it looks to me and the one that i think will be the most "Fun" (Note i also like bragging rights)

Anyways note im kinda biased.

4. Games   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    I mean what does sony really have that doesnt come out to xbox after while.
    as i claimed earlier, exclusivity is in decline, but...

ICO
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
    APE ESCAPE 2
    GRADIUS V
    REZ
    METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER
    KATAMARI DAMACY & WE LOVE KATAMARI
    DEVIL MAY CRY
    GOD OF WAR
    SOUL CALIBUR III
    TAIKO DRUM MASTER
    VIEWTIFUL JOE
    R-TYPE FINAL
    CONTRA: SHATTERED SOLDIER
    CRIMSON SEA 2
    RYGAR: THE LEGENDARY ADVENTURE
    KILLER 7
    SIREN
    ZONE OF THE ENDERS
    BUJINGAI: THE FORSAKEN CITY
    PARAPPA THE RAPPER 2

those are all fantastic games that make it worth owning a ps2. the selection of rpgs on ps2 is also unbeatable. ps2's main deficiency is its poor selection of first person shooters (and inability to render the level of detail required for good FPS graphics).
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-08-2005 at 07:52 PM.

5. Games   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm just looking forward to picking up a cheap PS2 and a cheaper Xbox after christmas. There's been a few games I'd like to play on both formats (Smackdown vs Raw 2 being tops).

Anyone know how I can use my monitor with these consoles?

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Anyone know how I can use my monitor with these consoles?
    progressive scan (via analogue component - delivered by three RCA plugs color-coded Red Green And Blue + two more plugs Red And Yellow for stereo sound) and VGA are practically the same type of signal with just a slight difference. so there are adapters which can accept progressive scan input and output it as VGA. that'd be the best option for xbox -- far better than the boxes that turn composite/s-video (lower quality than component) to VGA.

this seems like a good solution for xbox: http://www.x2vga.com/

nearly all xbox game discs (regardless of region) support progressive scan, so the adapter is pretty simple. the xbox needs to be one that does progressive scan though -- USA/Japan models have it enabled, euro/PAL models have it disabled and need to be modded in order to enable progressive scan. it's purely a hardware region issue.

ps2 on VGA is more complicated (technology-wise) 'cause, although all of its games can use analogue component, most have no progressive scan option. standard-resolution only, on most ps2 games. the interlacing takes it further away from VGA. there's a bit more to the conversion process.

this will do, for both ps2 and xbox, as it accepts analogue component input and upscans a standard-resolution TV signal to VGA: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...oducts_id=3166. but i'm not sure if the xbox image quality will be as good as it'd be with that x2vga cable -- i doubt. still, it does work with both ps2 and xbox, and should be quite a lot better than converting from composite/s-video. and in the plus column, it should work alright with an unmodded PAL xbox.

i reckon this is prolly as good as it gets, for upscanning standard-resolution console signals to VGA resolution: http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/...er-p-1516.html
    but then it's also expensive as fuck.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-09-2005 at 12:01 AM.

7. Games   -   #17
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    ICO
    GREAT GAME!

revolution < xbox2 < ps3 < PC
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Games   -   #18
    HairlessApe's Avatar Poster
    Nice read on this thread, it made me feel glad that I chose building a pc over waiting for the 360 in the summer

9. Games   -   #19
    in my opinion, ps3 will be the best console mgs4 and devil may cry my favorite games

10. Games   -   #20
    do you guys think the launch of halo 3 will help foil the ps3 launch?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast