Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Ps3 Vs. Xbox 360 vs. Pc //Discussion//

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Consoles are for noobs with tiny e-peens.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Games   -   #72
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    Consoles are for noobs with tiny e-peens.
    Well I have everything except a PS3.

Those who cling to only one system miss out on great games.

They all have much to offer.

3. Games   -   #73
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Neg. Consoles are for the simpler peoples who like to use the noobstick for easier handling. Microing is where the proness is at.

4. Games   -   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Neg. Consoles are for the simpler peoples who like to use the noobstick for easier handling. Microing is where the proness is at.
    How is that when it's easier to handle a mouse?

I think I'm better at games than many pure PC only players simply because they can't handle FPSs without a mouse. I heard folks give up on RE4 cause they can't handle the controls. I did momentarily.

Consoles are for folks that wanna play games immediately with very little no config. Also they wanna play it on any size screen and can move it from place to place very easy.

I was playing God Of War on a big screen during vacation in Mehico.

Streamline the PC gaming experience for entertainment centers and not just for someone's bedroom or office and then consoles would be eliminated entirely.

5. Games   -   #75
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The "noobstick" is horrific for FPS games though, I played some console FPS game this weekend and it's like wading in mud.

"Oh, there's a bad guy behind me I shall quickly turn around. Turning. Turning. Turning. Turning. Too far. Too far again. Dead. "

PC player:

"Bam! Headshot!"

The PC player still requires skill but he's not hampered by a crappy control set-up so his natural skill/crapness can shine through. Somebody who can do well with a "noobstick" is akin to somebody overcoming a disability to do well at a sport. Like that one legged wrestler, Zach Gowan.
    Last edited by Cheese; 06-18-2007 at 08:17 AM.

6. Games   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    The "noobstick" is horrific for FPS games though, I played some console FPS game this weekend and it's like wading in mud.

"Oh, there's a bad guy behind me I shall quickly turn around. Turning. Turning. Turning. Turning. Too far. Too far again. Dead. "

PC player:

"Bam! Headshot!"

The PC player still requires skill but he's not hampered by a crappy control set-up so his natural skill/crapness can shine through. Somebody who can do well with a "noobstick" is akin to somebody overcoming a disability to do well at a sport. Like that one legged wrestler, Zach Gowan.
    So true. No doubt the mouse is better which is why I don't understand why there aren't mice for consoles.

Analog sticks require way more timing and precision (for many, an inordinate amount of it). If you push hard right you turn faster. You see your target, you must time not pushing the stick anymore.

The one thing I hate about mouse setups is using a keyboard. I don't understand why most folks don't have an 8(or more)-button mouse.
    Also there needs to be a small analog stick for movement since the mouse is for looking....(I guess kinda like the Wii nunchuka accessory).

7. Games   -   #77
    Dead Ghost's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think xbox360 is better because it has a lot of game unlike ps3
    but sony may get more games soon i know sony is not going to leave the challenge like that

8. Games   -   #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    PS3 vs. Xbox 360 graphics comparison

Right now the Xbox 360 looks slightly better in graphics but too hard to tell if ur just playing either system individually. Too bad the Xbox doesn't use the hdd to load information from the games like the PS3 does - it should have been a requirement from the start.
    If you look at some of the screenshot comparisons on 1up, it would seem to be just about even, with some games looking better on the 360, while some look better on the PS3. Some people make a good point, though, in their criticism of that comparison based on the fact that the PS3 screenshots were only in 720p.

I bought a PS3 as soon as they were readily available in my area. I can't complain. The games have been slow to come out thus far, as they are for any new system but, combined with some very worthy PS2 games that look amazing upconverted, there's certainly no loss for new games. Even though I'm in my 30s, I'm just not "adult" enough a gamer for the steady diet of FPSs on the 360.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678