Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giganews binary retention increased to #70 days

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by shazer
    My problem in Giganews is that they only allow 10 conections, so i download at 50 kbs. I contacted them and they told me it was a ISP problem, but itīs not!
    Dude with 10 connections you could conceivable be getting 20Mbit/s easily from Giganews, considering I can max my 5Mbit on 2 connections with NewsHosting. It's definately an ISP problem with allowing that sort of bandwidth.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Hmmm ... with 10 connections only i download at 5/6 kbytes/s per connection. Is there any app to boost my individual speed connections or should i contact my ISP?

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I use Giganews and have max download speed available on my internet connection with both 5 and 10 connection. I have also used the same account on 2 other ISP's and it's the same thing. So I don't think Giganews is the problem. (Tested at 2 ISP's in Sweden and 1 ISP in Norway)

I have used both Grabit, Newsleecher and Newsbin Pro.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Lord of the KLF
    Same here really,

I use giganews, and my reader is Newsbin Pro

I have no problems downloading at my max speed of my isp - i switch between 5-10 connections dependant on what im downloading, but usually 5 - and i get anything between 8-10MBit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12