Thread: Difference between pentium M and 4

which should it be for a gaming laptop.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i believe the p M uses less power (laptops uses batteries)
    and it doesn't go as fast as the p4. p4 goes up to 3.6, and maybe 3.8/4.0 ghz. it can be oced to higher of course

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    well im not planning on oc my laptop thats just insane

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    The Pentium M is based on the Pentium 3 because it is a more efficient design. However it does not have the raw power of the P4 chips.

Once you get above a critical level you will probably find that the graphics and audio chips have much more effect on gaming than the processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Athlon 64 Mobile. Not hindered by lack of development or inefficient design.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    The Pentium M is based on the Pentium 3 because it is a more efficient design. However it does not have the raw power of the P4 chips.

Once you get above a critical level you will probably find that the graphics and audio chips have much more effect on gaming than the processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Athlon 64 Mobile. Not hindered by lack of development or inefficient design.
    hey if you have any sp
    are time can you reccomend a machine thats optimized for gaming for around 2kmaybe a bit more.