Thread: Linux package Installation and Configuration Help!

Hello. i have these set of questions that i need to do and so if possible so somehelp me on it and tell me a website that gives me the information about this:

You are to investigate how to set up SAMBA on a Debian Linux system to allow files to be shared with a Windows XP system.

Practice how to set up the system for a named user and allow both access to a file on the Debian system and transfer of a file from the Debian system to the Windows system.

You can assume a basic Debian system will be available and that SAMBA will be available as a deb package on our server systems or given out on suitable media if the server fails for any reason.

The problem is i have never heard of this before so i am stuck!

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...ighlight=samba

ubuntu is based on debian so im assuming the process is pretty similar or you could try http://www.aboutdebian.com/lan.htm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks for that now the fun part i gotta try it on a system lol! oooooo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Aproposshadows
    hey flametongue i installed linux and now i cant sign on to xbl pleas im need help reallly bad im is happychristmas48

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aproposshadows
    hey flametongue i installed linux and now i cant sign on to xbl pleas im need help reallly bad im is happychristmas48
    im assuming xbl is xbox live. how are you connected to the internet? what setup have you got at home such as a router or switch?