Thread: Your opinion of Digg

can I curse? FUCK!
    What do you guys think of Digg.com?

I think its a good website for technology news but there are just too many of those mac/apple fanboys there which kind of makes the user posted articles biased. But other than that, the site is pretty good to find out about new tech/science/etc info.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    good concept, nice front page but the articles are for 11 year olds and the comment system is crap compaired to slashdot.

its meant to be a tech news site yet people post stories like "woah dude watch this amazing trick, its like bouncing coins"

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    i look at often
    but since it is based on popularity vote the outcome does indeed become "biased"

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    I think it is a very nice site.

As for it being biased isnt that the whole point of it other wise you have to go a billion articles look for a couple of good ones this way alot people who like articles reccomend it and we get to see the ones that seem the most interesting at the moment.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well I guess I meant biased in some other ways too. Such as the articles that get dugg to the front about Steve Jobs' commercial from way back. It's really infuriating that these idiots digg these articles to the front because they're so obsessed with apple/mac.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    i like the idea that the users get to pick the articles. it's like voting or digging for an article. the more people find it interesting, the more likely it is to be read. good concept but slashdot is still my fav for technology news.