Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Another One For The Disorders Department

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder

Sometimes it must be a joke, when they're just being attention whores? there must be a lot of fakers for that sort of thing, right?
    But why would they fake something like that? It destroys their lives.
    I don't know, medical/mental/ psyc type treatments, the need for having friends and family constantly telling them they look hawt thus creating attention around them?

I know nothing about it, it was just a thought based on a programme i saw awhile back which was about sort of modern/trendy/made-upish "disabilities" (not that I'm saying this is such a thing, not knowing anything about it etc).

2. Lounge   -   #42
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    But what about all the good things Hitler did?!?!?!

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

i heard he woz lyke real 1337 wiv a paint brush

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    such as?

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    But why would they fake something like that? It destroys their lives.
    I don't know, medical/mental/ psyc type treatments, the need for having friends and family constantly telling them they look hawt thus creating attention around them?

I know nothing about it, it was just a thought based on a programme i saw awhile back which was about sort of modern/trendy/made-upish "disabilities" (not that I'm saying this is such a thing, not knowing anything about it etc).
    When it comes down to it, many things are considered disabilities.

I joked when I said in another thread that there is a procrastination disorder but there is . I know you've heard of the one where people hoard shit until it fills up there house. That's considered a disorder.

There's a funny program on TLC about this fella that actually goes in and helps people remove their shit. One landlord for an apartment was trying to evict the lady and the fella removing the shit got in a fight with him.

It was hilarious.

I've read up on this stuff for awhile now and some of these "disorders" are culturally based and predominate in a certain demographic. Meaning that, yes the individual may have an underlying problem about something and the culture they are in fosters the manifestation of it. Absent the particular culture, the manifestation of a disorder may not even present itself. The culture itself many times is the culprit.

Some people simply take things too far.

I probably have a disorder about being orderly. I tend to list everything I need to do down to the route I need to take and sometimes alloting the times minutewise for them to get done. It sometimes gets in the way of other people though.

I purposely injected a little anarchy to alleviate this and it worked. Now it's natural.

I hadn't heard of BDD until today and thought "Well there are people that are hideous looking, they know it, but do not go through the lengths to hide themselves constantly."

All it takes for something to be a madeupish disorder (as you say), is for a good number of people to partake in it and/or for esteemed doctors to coin it as a disorder.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-16-2005 at 06:11 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Poster
    Some people just don't really have a clue about disorders like this, Busy, until they experience them firsthand, or have a loved one going through them. Scary how a little chemical imbalance can effect the brain in such varied ways.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Some people just don't really have a clue about disorders like this, Busy, until they experience them firsthand, or have a loved one going through them. Scary how a little chemical imbalance can effect the brain in such varied ways.
    Chemical imbalance? Oh yes I agree.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #48
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I saw a BDD prog where these people wanted amputation of limbs. One guy had actually got a doctor to perform the operation.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA
    I saw a BDD prog where these people wanted amputation of limbs. One guy had actually got a doctor to perform the operation.
    Why'd he do that? He thought it was so ugly that it had to be removed?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #50
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA
    Why'd he do that? He thought it was so ugly that it had to be removed?
    Ya think
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast