Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Just Got Back From Watching King Kong

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I really think that anyone who thinks that this movie is to long has the attention span of a flea. I don’t know what it is about people hearing that a movie is three hours long that make them not want to go see it. A story takes time to tell and develop and so do that characters that are in the movie so that you have an understanding as to what’s really going on.

Good movies are so few and far between now that its rare when really good ones come along like this one.
    believe me. when u see this movie at 11 pm and u need to get home by 1 am, anything will seem long

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I really think that anyone who thinks that this movie is to long has the attention span of a flea. I don’t know what it is about people hearing that a movie is three hours long that make them not want to go see it. A story takes time to tell and develop and so do that characters that are in the movie so that you have an understanding as to what’s really going on.

Good movies are so few and far between now that its rare when really good ones come along like this one.
    I agree. However, getting to know the characters should be interesting and not boring.

I saw the first LOTR because I had just put my car in the shop and a friend of mine was going to see it. I needed a ride anyway so I saw the movie.

I was bored to tears. Each of the other LOTR movies got better but I was pissed I went to the movies that day.

I think I'm going to wait 'till KK comes on cable or DVD so I can watch it in installments in the comfort of my own home.

I have HD, a subwoofer, and surround sound. I get my microwave popcorn, turn the lights off in the basement and it's pitch black down there besides the light from the TV.

No problem.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I agree. However, getting to know the characters should be interesting and not boring.

I saw the first LOTR because I had just put my car in the shop and a friend of mine was going to see it. I needed a ride anyway so I saw the movie.

I was bored to tears. Each of the other LOTR movies got better but I was pissed I went to the movies that day.

I think I'm going to wait 'till KK comes on cable or DVD so I can watch it in installments in the comfort of my own home.

I have HD, a subwoofer, and surround sound. I get my microwave popcorn, turn the lights off in the basement and it's pitch black down there besides the light from the TV.

No problem.
    sounds like a perfect spot to watch it. u can always download it

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    abu = emo?

how am i emo?

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

No problem.
    B I still like to watch movies like this at the theater.

I remember going to see Saving Private Ryan for the first time and being blown away by it. I went to see it again the next day and 3 more times after that because I loved watching it on the big screen.

This movie is sorta like that as well. I probably go to see it again at the theater before it comes out on DVD.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power

No problem.
    sounds like a perfect spot to watch it. u can always download it
    I don't dl cam movies anymore. It's shit quality. Every blue moon my friend gets a DVD rip or damn close too it and watch that. I think the last I had of that was Shrek 2.

With how far away you sit from a theater screen and how far away I sit in front of my own big screen, I think I'm ok with not paying to see movies at the theater all the time.

I don't have to worry about falling asleep, I can't take a piss without missing the movie, and don't have to spend a bundle on food and drink.

One day I'm going to hook up an LCD projector for a bigger screen but I'd have to move my seating accordingly. My cousin already such a setup. He sits on playing SOCOM online all the time.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #27

No problem.
    B I still like to watch movies like this at the theater.

I remember going to see Saving Private Ryan for the first time and being blown away by it. I went to see it again the next day and 3 more times after that because I loved watching it on the big screen.

This movie is sorta like that as well. I probably go to see it again at the theater before it comes out on DVD.
    Yeah I saw Blade a coupla times (with different people).

Do you have a big screen at home with surround sound?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's fucking King Kong, how could this movie possibly be a 9/10?!? How can it possibly be better then the other 300 shitty King Kong movies, aside from a little CGI.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    It's fucking King Kong, how could this movie possibly be a 9/10?!? How can it possibly be better then the other 300 shitty King Kong movies, aside from a little CGI.
    Dude, relax...have some and a chill pill

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I've never liked remakes. Maybe they should have twisted it round a bit. For example,have it with a 100 foot woman and a pocket-sized monkey.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast