Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Footballer Ever

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

IMHO.

His skills are nothing short of sublime and he is head and shoulders above anyone else playing.
    He is the greatest player in the greatest era and as such the greatest ever.

Fan-tastic.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    He always plays with a smile too, which makes him even more fun to watch.
    It's hot in Topeka.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

IMHO.

His skills are nothing short of sublime and he is head and shoulders above anyone else playing.
    He is the greatest player in the greatest era and as such the greatest ever.

Fan-tastic.
    Steady now, Michael Barratt.

He's only 25, is playing in a league with no defenders and which frowns upon tough tackling midfielders and the trophies his teams have won, especially domestically, pales into insignificance when compared with bygone stars.

Is he really the best player around at the moment. Definitely not the most effective, to sort out United's maladies, I'd prefer to sign numbers two and three (also midfielders) in the Ballon D'Or to Ronaldinho.

He's the most skillful and the most aesthetically pleasing player in contemporary soccer by a country mile but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    He sometimes plays at international level as well and is quite good there too.

Who would you chaps nominate.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Pele...

Right now the best football player out there is no doubt:
    RONALDINHO

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendy
    Pele...

Right now the best football player out there is no doubt:
    RONALDINHO
    Don't be lazy, give reasons.

I think Pele was the greatest for a long time. However the game has moved on so far, in terms of technical ability, fitness levels etc that Ronaldinho now gets the crown.

He does what the great man did, along with things that he wouldn't even have dreamed of. That whole looking one way and flicking the ball the other is genius. The goal against chelski, from 18 yards, where he had no backlift and was surrounded by defenders, sublime.

He is that rarest of things, a sportsman who stands head and shoulders above his peers and he does it when the sport is greater than it ever has been.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    He's get skill, but little end product in him. If i had to pick a midfielder and i had to win a game i would choose Lampard, or Gerrard. If i wanted to watch some quality skillful and enjoyable football then i'd pick Leo Messi.

Ronaldinho the best in the world? He isn't even the best at Barca!

Last edited by Peerzy; 12-25-2005 at 02:37 AM.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I wouldn't believe that buck-toothed moron, though, Ronaldinho FTW!!!! Lolorz!1
    It's hot in Topeka.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    He would say that tho' wouldn't he.

I think the two consecutive "World Player of the Year" gives him a wee bit of credibility as .... the best player in the World.

Peerzy is just annoyed about that goal against Chelski.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    But we still pwn'd him, and we will again come Feb

Seriously though, within the next few years Messi will be the name on everyones lips. Ronaldinho will be reduced to modeling for toothpaste

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast