Thread: Website Design Tips

Poster
    Im A Good Programmer but not a good designer , so my site is getting alot of content and the blog is getting to complicatied so i decided to make it a conventioal business type site that will show my serivces and programs for download as well as room for growth can anyone give me tips on the design and stuff

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Corporational/Business type designs are almost always minimal. Keep your designs light, your navigation shouldn't be too complicated, the user should be able to do/read a lot and not have to scroll through too many screens. Consult wikipedia for articles on graphic design and look at the recommendations for the artists that are considered pivotal in the formation of modern graphic design and see how they created works that were pleasing to the eye.

Pay close attention to your use of whitespace, colors, and typefaces. Trust me, these things matter when it comes to design.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I like the layout oof the site how it is now.

I've seen more changes in your web site's design than I have the software

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    I like the layout oof the site how it is now.

I've seen more changes in your web site's design than I have the software
    I like it too, but the problem is that I want to add a lot of new content to the site and using the wordpress CMS and the current layout its a bit tedious and hard, there isn’t much room for growth nor much flexibility to add new content like Flash banners and small videos of developers, I was thinking about making my site look like www.sun.com in terms of having the same type of information architecture and layout, what do you guys think?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    My Bad Double Post ><