Thread: Opera denies Microsoft takeover

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://www.opera.com/img/operalogo.gif]Opera has denied the latest takeover rumor spreading across the Internet, saying that it has not had approaches from Microsoft or anyone else.

Rumors surfaced on Friday that Microsoft is close to completing a takeover offer for the Norwegian browser vendor, having outbid Google.

"Our phones have been ringing off the hook," a representative for Opera said Friday. "But it's not true. We have not been bought, and we have not received any offers. It's just a rumor, like the Google rumor last week."

Source: http://news.zdnet.com/Opera+denies+M...&subj=technews[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    God i hope they never do get bought out, i love my opera browser, i dont want it taken over by anyone

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodfight
    God i hope they never do get bought out, i love my opera browser, i dont want it taken over by anyone
    I like it too 'cause it's the fastest but I have had one problem with it displaying certain pages once and a blue moon and if it starts being more than that, I'm going back to IE.

I want error free surfing. That why I don't use Firefox now.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Opera is horrible at rendering <fieldset> and its <legend>.
    But I don't wanna slander it too much, *points to flag* Har Har Har
    Im sure they would never allow themselves to be bought out by M$, the whole reason why they made that browser was so it could be a viable alternative to Spyware Explorer...
    Sage goes in the signature field.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    even though i dont use it i wouldnt want it to be bought out by MS. Taking out the competition like that is bad.

BTW what does MS get by having people use IE? They dont make any money off of it.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    jdoggvt
    i hope they never buy opera, cause then i'd have to uninstall it. opera's great the way it is, though it does have its flaws. hopefully now that it's free there'll be some more adoption of it. i think firefox is just too slow, but i love the extensions.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggvt
    i hope they never buy opera, cause then i'd have to uninstall it. opera's great the way it is, though it does have its flaws. hopefully now that it's free there'll be some more adoption of it. i think firefox is just too slow, but i love the extensions.
    There are extensions that speed it up...

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Whats that old saying about rumours ? Where there smoke theres fire ,Google bid too ? That the was the interesting thing to me tho . Anouther old saying build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to you door . Or in this case your homepage .