Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Americans Don't Learn English

Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    The Dutch are really good at foreign languages.
    as would any other country if they where surrounded by dominating nations and are so overly populated they get squeezed out.

My babe has an aunt, whom is of usian nationality, has lived in dis frozen fridge of a country for over 30 years, (norway) has brought up 3 sons here.
    Here american accent which covers her norwegian like a hot juicy syrup is so atrocious it makes me cringe at every word.
    Keeping a foreign accent can be cool, sexy and even a statement of holding onto national heritage.
    Is it that she is plain deaf, stupid or merely unaware of this rape of pronunction, i have no clue.
    maybe laziness?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    The Dutch are indeed "good" at foreign languages however the Irish are the best, not to mention their power of diplomacy...the following discourse has been translated from Arabic into Engrish for your comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Saddam Hussein is sitting at home when the phone rings. He picks it up and says "Hello". The voice at the end of the phone says "Hello Mr. Hussein, it's Paddy here. I'm just ringing to let you know that we've declared war on your country." SH smiles to himself, "Come on Paddy", he says, "there's no point you declaring war on us, you wouldn't stand a chance." Paddy replies, "No, no, we've had ourselves a meeting, and we've decided to declare war on you."
    So SH says, "OK Paddy, now listen, I've got an air force of over a thousand planes, what kind of air force have you got to match that? It'd be over in no time." So Paddy says, "Well my lad's got himself a hot-air balloon, and my brother used to work at an airport." Hussein laughs, "Oh come on, you've not got a hope". "Hold on a sec, Mr. Hussein, ", Paddy says, "we'll just have a quick meeting." So off he goes and has a quick meeting. "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're still going to declare war."
    So SH says, "Right then Paddy, well you know, as well as the air force, we've also got about a thousand tanks. How are you going to match that." "Well," Paddy says, "I've got an old austin, and my cousin down the road has got a tractor." "Get real, " says SH, "that's no match at all." So
    Paddy says, "Hold on, I'll just go and have another meeting." "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're still going to declare war."
    SH thinks this is just amazing, "Well how many soldiers have you got Paddy?". "Well," says Paddy, "there's me, my kid, me 4 cousins, and they all had sons, and there's Bill down the road.... I reckon I could get together about 30." Laughing openly now SH replies, "Come on Paddy, I've got 10,000 highly trained fighting men at my disposal. I think you'd better go and have another meeting." "I will", says Paddy, "I will."
    "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're not going to declare war on you after all." "At last, " replies SH, "What made you change your mind?" "Well, it's those 10 thousand soldiers you see. We can't declare war on you because we've not got the facilities to keep all those prisoners!"

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel123
    The Dutch are indeed "good" at foreign languages however the Irish are the best, not to mention their power of diplomacy...the following discourse has been translated from Arabic into Engrish for your comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Saddam Hussein is sitting at home when the phone rings. He picks it up and says "Hello". The voice at the end of the phone says "Hello Mr. Hussein, it's Paddy here. I'm just ringing to let you know that we've declared war on your country." SH smiles to himself, "Come on Paddy", he says, "there's no point you declaring war on us, you wouldn't stand a chance." Paddy replies, "No, no, we've had ourselves a meeting, and we've decided to declare war on you."
    So SH says, "OK Paddy, now listen, I've got an air force of over a thousand planes, what kind of air force have you got to match that? It'd be over in no time." So Paddy says, "Well my lad's got himself a hot-air balloon, and my brother used to work at an airport." Hussein laughs, "Oh come on, you've not got a hope". "Hold on a sec, Mr. Hussein, ", Paddy says, "we'll just have a quick meeting." So off he goes and has a quick meeting. "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're still going to declare war."
    So SH says, "Right then Paddy, well you know, as well as the air force, we've also got about a thousand tanks. How are you going to match that." "Well," Paddy says, "I've got an old austin, and my cousin down the road has got a tractor." "Get real, " says SH, "that's no match at all." So
    Paddy says, "Hold on, I'll just go and have another meeting." "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're still going to declare war."
    SH thinks this is just amazing, "Well how many soldiers have you got Paddy?". "Well," says Paddy, "there's me, my kid, me 4 cousins, and they all had sons, and there's Bill down the road.... I reckon I could get together about 30." Laughing openly now SH replies, "Come on Paddy, I've got 10,000 highly trained fighting men at my disposal. I think you'd better go and have another meeting." "I will", says Paddy, "I will."
    "Are you still there Mr. Hussein? Yes, well we've had our meeting, and we've decided that we're not going to declare war on you after all." "At last, " replies SH, "What made you change your mind?" "Well, it's those 10 thousand soldiers you see. We can't declare war on you because we've not got the facilities to keep all those prisoners!"
    Prisoner? ..................
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogs

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    What's with the random capitalization?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    What's with the random capitalization?
    Grammar Police Alert!!!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    And the frog fucks up in the penultimate panel with "your".

8. Lounge   -   #18
    And the frog fucks up in the penultimate panel with "your".
    Cue terrifying horrifying death inducing music!!!

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Also, why bother with three wishes each? The "joke" could have been accomplished with just one wish each. Would have saved on panels, and thus saved space when the cartoon is repeatedly quoted.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Also, why bother with three wishes each? The "joke" could have been accomplished with just one wish each. Would have saved on panels, and thus saved space when the cartoon is repeatedly quoted.
    He's on a roll folks!!!!!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast