Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does MS get from having people use IE?

twisterX's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Surely no one would buy windows for IE so what do they get from having us use it.

It is certantly noiticable that they want you to use it (only IE works good at MS.com, working on IE7 after FF got popular)

I dont know what they would profit from. They certantly wouldnt have started working on IE7 if FF wansnt around.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    They Get A Bigger Share In The Browser Market, More People Using IE= more People Using Windows= More $ ...... I think , but im sure about them having a bigger share in the browser market

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Well IE is 100% compatable with everything, firefox will probably soon to be, but not yet, I have had a handful of problems with it[Firefox], including not being able to view some websites in firefox. Microsoft will have that hand up with the 100% compatability for a while. (Cannot watch launch.com videos in Firefox)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Well IE is 100% compatable with everything, firefox will probably soon to be, but not yet, I have had a handful of problems with it[Firefox], including not being able to view some websites in firefox. Microsoft will have that hand up with the 100% compatability for a while. (Cannot watch launch.com videos in Firefox)

Orcutt989, you mean sites that need IE ? There are extensions for that as well ,like :

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

Or for windows updates :

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

I guess my point was use the IE Veiw for the sites that you have trouble with ? Or anouther option is Opera and use "See Me as IE "

You know what ? Wish I could take credit for the links , but thanks to Clocker and 100 % .. they know what I mean and thanks to you both .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-29-2005 at 06:56 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It probably has to due with its search engine, typos in IE could led you microsoft's msn. With firefox you have google integrated in.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    About FF not being compatible with some websites, yes, you are right,
    but I'll say this, since I finally did what most people here had been telling me:
    'to switch from IE to FF'; my spyware and web browsing glitches or probles have been
    reduce to a 80%.
    And I haven added any antyvirus or antyspyware that I didn't had before.
    Im very happy with FF and now I recomend it to everyone.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone
    They Get A Bigger Share In The Browser Market, More People Using IE= more People Using Windows= More $ ...... I think , but im sure about them having a bigger share in the browser market
    As i stated. no one is gonna buy windows for IE.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I buy it for the OS and IE. FF is awful imo.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Well IE is 100% compatable with everything
    have you been smoking crack

ie fucked up the w3 standards forcing people to design there websites so that they only render properly in ie or have to use a workaround to get them to display properly in both.

if the site in question does not work properly in firefox its a good bet the site was designed by an idiot and should be told he/she is by email.

the reason microsoft keep's ie about is the fact that people thinks its the only fully working browser and are then locked into using windows.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Orcutt989, you mean sites that need IE ? There are extensions for that as well ,like :

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

Or for windows updates :

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

I guess my point was use the IE Veiw for the sites that you have trouble with ? Or anouther option is Opera and use "See Me as IE "

You know what ? Wish I could take credit for the links , but thanks to Clocker and 100 % .. they know what I mean and thanks to you both .
    I will admit its almost impossible to get spyware or adaware with Firefox, unless you click something that says CLICK HERE FOR FUN AND FREE SOFTWAREZ. But I have already tried those extensions and they do not work. But they[the extensions] still use internet explorer somehow, and that is my point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast