Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best file sharing programs out there?

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    it would have to be openap...as it was in the begining...this is the client to

use http://winlop.sourceforge.net/

with Winlop you have the choice between multi-sourcing with speeds often in excess of 100KBs... and single sourcing ..

and this is the network http://mensap2p.com or http://Balladnetwork.com

and these are the addresses of the file-sharing servers that you need to connect to

Imagine.mensap2p.com:1117 or Wizard.balladnetwork.com:3456 ( Check our website for more online servers )

and if you PM me I will add you to our friends list..ensuring ease of connection

even when the server is full.

:Tip: Drop into the main chat the Round_Table or alternatively try a game of Scrabble in our games room. All this we do for you,... free !
    Last edited by thewizeard; 01-04-2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: change URL

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I have heard a rumor of a Gnutella client that does speed well over 500 kb/s. I dont know if it is just a rumor or what. I is supposed to have a java chat where users can trade back and forth or something. The rumor has it that it has over 300 million nodes with a 175,000 blocklist(keeps riaa,mpaa out). I read a post somewhere, where a user downloaded a maVen version of Chronicles of narnia(900mb) in 20 minutes!!! I dont know about you but that is damn fast. The program is NeoLogix Pro 2, the creator is neosoft. But I cant find a link to test it out!!! Until then I will keep you posted!!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    with multi sourcing the sky is the limit..just see how many sources you can find..and if they are all broadband...then it's going to a be fast download.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Emule and Morph xt..........?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I too vote for muTorrent and emule

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by iviyst2005
    I have heard a rumor of a Gnutella client that does speed well over 500 kb/s. I dont know if it is just a rumor or what. I is supposed to have a java chat where users can trade back and forth or something. The rumor has it that it has over 300 million nodes with a 175,000 blocklist(keeps riaa,mpaa out). I read a post somewhere, where a user downloaded a maVen version of Chronicles of narnia(900mb) in 20 minutes!!! I dont know about you but that is damn fast. The program is NeoLogix Pro 2, the creator is neosoft. But I cant find a link to test it out!!! Until then I will keep you posted!!
    It all depends on how many people there are that share, no client can make get downloads that fast, unless of course you have a newsgroups subscription, but then you can get even faster downloads than that.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Limewire 4.9 Pro works OK, but it is hard to get a download completed if it is bigger than a jpeg. It takes a while and I find that the sources seem to disappear quickly.

But this may be the fault of Limewire's users moving their completed downloads to another folder to quickly.

I prefer Ares it works very well and is easy to use. But it does not have as many filews on it. Buts its good for Music videos.

Regards

Digby

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BitComet has issues (especially with reporting proper share ratios) but it has a hard to beat, easy to use interface.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    HairlessApe's Avatar Poster
    oddly enough, all my dl's are much faster with bitcomet than other clients.
    At least 10% faster most of the time, so im sticking with it

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I go for bittorrent private sites. And about a client I choose Bit Tornado cuz it's simple and straight to the point (and fast for me).

I wanna try Newsgroups also but my ISP doesn't host any. Damn!

nigel123: I'll try that.. Thanks!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast