Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Americas Defence Budget

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Yes I did read it, it just didn't make any valid point.

The irony of the swatsika that was within a picture in my signature was that it was the local council's crest with the main part of the badge replaced by a swastika implying that the council here are fascists.

Nothing to do with me being white and having a shaved head
    Ok that explains it.

Your analogy sucked, btw. I would have to say "white person + clean shaven head = -stereotype" for it to be equal.

Maybe I could talk about your military instead...well maybe not.

edit: If I saw that picture, then you told me you have a clean shaven head, living in Engerland (or thereabouts), I would have thought you a Skinhead.

I didn't say you were a Skinhead which I said it equaled a negative stereotype.
    I am a skinhead, racism isn't a part of being one, it's just a negative stereotype portrayed by the media that every skinhead is (just like the black people = thieves thing), although some are, but not all.

(and i do live in England)

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Ok that explains it.

Your analogy sucked, btw. I would have to say "white person + clean shaven head = -stereotype" for it to be equal.

Maybe I could talk about your military instead...well maybe not.

edit: If I saw that picture, then you told me you have a clean shaven head, living in Engerland (or thereabouts), I would have thought you a Skinhead.

I didn't say you were a Skinhead which I said it equaled a negative stereotype.
    I am a skinhead, racism isn't a part of being one, it's just a negative stereotype portrayed by the media that every skinhead is (just like the black people = thieves thing), although some are, but not all.

(and i do live in England)
    I said Skinhead, not skinhead.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #33
    besides the capital "S", what's the difference?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    besides the capital "S", what's the difference?
    I differentiate between racists and the young fad. However, the line between them many times will blur.

Also the black people = thieves stereotype ain't the same.

Let's equal it out again....white people = racists.

It's more like the "completely bald young white men calling themselves skinheads, displaying swastikas, and previously making racial remarks " stereotype.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-05-2006 at 03:25 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #35
    It may be a fad in merkinland, but I think when the merkin skins copied the idea, they got the wrong end of the stick

edit: see you're sterotyping there again, saying that Skinheads are racists, you're getting confused between skins and neo-nazis
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 01-05-2006 at 03:22 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    merkinland

BTW: there's no skinheads I've seen here.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    It may be a fad in merkinland, but I think when the merkin skins copied the idea, they got the wrong end of the stick

edit: see you're sterotyping there again, saying that Skinheads are racists, you're getting confused between skins and neo-nazis
    No not stereotyping. If I see them marching and they say, "We are Skinheads" and they want to be called Skinheads by everyone, that kinda does it for me.

Explain it to me. What's a skinhead (besides the CaptainObvious)?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38

No not stereotyping. If I see them marching and they say, "We are Skinheads" and they want to be called Skinheads by everyone, that kinda does it for me.

First of all, nice editing once I've already replied

Like any other group within society, the skinhead cult is made up of individuals. All of them share certain things in common or else they wouldn’t have become skinheads, but it is equally true that each and every skinhead brings different experiences and beliefs with them when they join the cult. No two skinheads are the same, and although outsiders would like you to believe otherwise - especially sociologists who dream up theories based on all skinheads being alike - there isn’t one type of skinhead, or two types of skinhead, or even 20 types of skinhead. Life isn’t black and white, and only the truly ignorant fail to see the countless shades of grey inbetween.

The media and its cohorts take great delight in focusing on the sensational aspects of the cult and by doing so present a totally false and distorted impression of skinheads. If nothing else, this website will hopefully show that not all skinheads are the racists the media makes them out to be, and that not all skinheads are even remotely interested in being used as political footballs. Of course, there are skins who are racist, but they too are totally misrepresented in the media to the point where buzz words like “Nazi” have lost any true meaning.

9. Lounge   -   #39

First of all, nice editing once I've already replied

Like any other group within society, the skinhead cult is made up of individuals. All of them share certain things in common or else they wouldn’t have become skinheads, but it is equally true that each and every skinhead brings different experiences and beliefs with them when they join the cult. No two skinheads are the same, and although outsiders would like you to believe otherwise - especially sociologists who dream up theories based on all skinheads being alike - there isn’t one type of skinhead, or two types of skinhead, or even 20 types of skinhead. Life isn’t black and white, and only the truly ignorant fail to see the countless shades of grey inbetween.

The media and its cohorts take great delight in focusing on the sensational aspects of the cult and by doing so present a totally false and distorted impression of skinheads. If nothing else, this website will hopefully show that not all skinheads are the racists the media makes them out to be, and that not all skinheads are even remotely interested in being used as political footballs. Of course, there are skins who are racist, but they too are totally misrepresented in the media to the point where buzz words like “Nazi” have lost any true meaning.
    Ok, so what's a skinhead (besides the CaptainObvious)?

Irregardless to the edit, many times I am already in edit and you are replying very quickly and my attention is away from the computer. When I finish the edit, you have already replied.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Skinheads, named after their shaven heads, are members of a subculture that originated in Britain in the 1960s, where they were closely tied to the Rude boy of the West Indies and the Mods of the UK.

There are a number of different "types" of skinhead falling into three main categories suggested by common usage.
    • Traditional (Trad), Trojan Skinheads (after the Trojan Records label), or Original Skins - Unlike the other categories, traditional skinheads do not regard attitudes toward racism as central to the subculture. Instead, they identify with the original skinhead movement ("The Spirit of 69") in music, style, culture and working class pride.
    • Nazi-Skinheads (Neo-Nazi Skins, called White Power or sometimes offensively Boneheads) - Racist and highly political. Despite the common moniker, some racist skinheads have no connection to Nazism. They are generally right wing and nationalist, however.
    • SHARP (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice), Aggressively anti-racist and political, generally left wing. The moniker "SHARP skinheads" is commonly used for all anti-racist skinheads, even if they aren't members of a SHARP organization. Anti-racist skins include RASH (Red and Anarchist Skinheads), Redskins, and Anarcho-Skinheads.
    These categories are descriptive, not definitive. There are many skinheads who don't fit in any of these categories. The usefulness of these terms is to explain the dominant forces of skinhead social structure.

any clearer?
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 01-05-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast