Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: come on "constructionists"

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

Erm........... there is nothing about this that suggests the wiretaps had anything to do with it. If they had don't you think Bush would have been shouting it out loud.
    Some unnamed "asin country" is the hero here so it seems.

This was a political release to put pressure for the patriot act to be renewed.
    Actually it does... I got it off a news site which said Bush's wiretaps successfully foiled terrorist attemps. I agree that this sounds like bs too tho because even if Bush never said that they worked then more ppl would dislike him. He couldn't even say much details about how it worked or where they tapped.
    Forgive me. I was going by what Bush actually said and not the assumed analasys of a news report.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #122
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Actually it does... I got it off a news site which said Bush's wiretaps successfully foiled terrorist attemps. I agree that this sounds like bs too tho because even if Bush never said that they worked then more ppl would dislike him. He couldn't even say much details about how it worked or where they tapped.
    Forgive me. I was going by what Bush actually said and not the assumed analasys of a news report.
    Ohhhh its cool. I guess I took that the wrong way.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #123

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #124
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Good find on old news I was igorant of.

That shit sounds similiar to the Patriot Act besides the fact that you can be detained without anyone knowing. The Patriot Act goes a step further.

Both of them suck.

What ever happened to "covert"?

Physical searches to gather foreign intelligence depend on secrecy, argued Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick. If the existence of these searches were known to the foreign power targets, they would alter their activities to render the information useless.
    dUh!
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-14-2006 at 01:33 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #125
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Did you read what you posted?

It seems you've suffered a bit of a misapprehension.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #126
    So they wern't complaining about abuse of the 4th?
    Some of the outrage
    This is beyond frightening. Thank you for this find. . . .

Franz Kafka would have judged this to wild to fictionalize. But for us - it's real. . . .

Any chance of Bush rolling some of this back? It sounds amazing on its face. Why didn't Wen Ho Lee just "disappear" into one of these Star Chambers, never to return? . . .

This is one of those ideas that has a valid purpose behind it, but is wide open to terrible abuse. And there's no way to check to see if it is abused.

Like all things that don't have the light of day shining on them, you can be sure that it is being twisted to suit the purposes of those who hold the power.
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-14-2006 at 01:45 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213