Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hottest day on record

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hottest day in 67 years here it is currently 630pm and it is Reading 44 degrease outside!! I'm going to die from this heat

can I have some snow rest of the world please??? throw some down

2. Lounge   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    44 Degee's? Thats not hot lol. Try 100 or over (florida summer) Its like an oven when you step out your door.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    44 Degee's? Thats not hot lol. Try 100 or over (florida summer) Its like an oven when you step out your door.

pffft thats farehnight which Americans for some reason still measure temperature in

4. Lounge   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park

pffft thats farehnight which Americans for some reason still measure temperature in
    Whats 44 degrees in celcius/farehnight?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    ummmm whos good at mathes??? my guess about 120??

6. Lounge   -   #6
    What system are you going by?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

for americans with teh fuckign metricks system!!!

44 C is 111 F

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Begin by subtracting 32 from the Fahrenheit number. Divide the answer by 9. Then multiply that answer by 5.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    speaking of america doing things strange having summer when winter is driving on wrong hand side of road spelling center centre measureing in yards and inches instead of metres and cm

heres somthing funny they had to create ther own letter prenounced ZEE not ZED

As usual in most of these matters, it's the people of the US that changed it, not the other way around. "Zed" comes from the original Greek zeta via Old French zede, and pretty much all English speakers worldwide pronounce it that way. The reason we don't is because we had a pretty major falling out with the people that did, and in the aftermath, seized on dialectical nuances and amplified them. The last thing an American wanted to sound

According to the Concise Oxford Companion, "The modification of zed ... to zee appears to have been by analogy with bee, dee, vee, etc." You kind of get the feeling that this wasn't the most important letter of the alphabet, not only from this sloppy attention to its pronunciation, but also by such quotes as Shakespeare's "Thou whoreson Zed, thou unneccessary letter!" Lye's New Spelling Book (1677) was the first to list "zee" as a

by indoctrinating British, Australian, and Canadian kids when they're young. The plan was, take a catchy tune by some pop composer like, oh, say Mozart, and attach the alphabet to it. The previously mentioned 'analogy' with other letters enables you to rhyme the last line of the song, and even a four year old can tell that the line following "q r s, t u v" is not supposed to be "w x, y and ZED".

This so-called "Sesame Street Phenomenon" is noted in almost all other English-speaking countries, and was addressed by J.K. Chambers in a study of kids in Ontario, in which he noted a lessening of the taboo on "zee" in the Canadian schools. Even in England itself, elementary teachers are complaining that they have to re-teach the pronunciation of the letter when 5 and 6 year olds come to school, and when they sing the song, they typically do so with the

10. Lounge   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Sorry Ad, the day before yesterday we had about 10 inches ( of snow) ...but it all melted away the next day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast